RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
Here's some footage from the last section of the Jack Pine. There was a log with a sharp right immediately after that some riders had trouble with. I was fortunate enough to catch all of the falls, but not the numbers, so don't be embarrassed if you see yourself crashing, cause chances are we won't know it's you ;)

At the end there a clips of Lafferty and Bobbitt coming through the section... :yikes: impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0cyE7wtJk

enjoy!

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
I was there with Ian during the filming. Video does not do it justice. The Lafferty move live was unbeliveable. Possibly the most impressive, reactionary, athletic move I've ever seen. :yikes: Mullen won the event, won that section, but in that short little spot, Bobbit and Lafferty were crazy fast. Made our local AA guys look like C riders.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
It's true what has been written about Charlie being unassuming and humble. As we waited to roll up to the 2nd section restart as it turned out my bike was in the "best" slot. I offered the slot willingly and he said "If it's ok with you - sure". He even asked Dalton if he was ok with that. Dalton gladly obliged.

Tom, I didn't get to see Charlie much at all because of his explosive speed. I'll tell you this - it's as though he is shot out of a canon at the start. The only section I was able to see him for any more than a few turns was the "open" section - I think it was between Marsh's and Abney's section. The differential seemed even more profound in the tighter sections. Charlie remarked to both Dalton and I that he didn't ride to well in Marsh's section and his time put him in 3rd - the only section he lost.

Denny had me cracking up at the start trying to coax me into holeshoting Mullins convincing me it was my only chance of fame. I think I scared him briefly when I said I was going to do it hitting the pavement in a full on wheel spinning power slide. I decided not to cause I didn't want to steal any tv time from Tommy.

Jordan414

Nov 23, 2008
TCTrailrider said:
I was there with Ian during the filming. Video does not do it justice. The Lafferty move live was unbeliveable. Possibly the most impressive, reactionary, athletic move I've ever seen. :yikes: Mullen won the event, won that section, but in that short little spot, Bobbit and Lafferty were crazy fast. Made our local AA guys look like C riders.

haha come on man.... just kidding, those guys are unbelievable...I don't know how mullins can be so fast and do it as smooth as he does... Jackpine was fun...

Top Bottom