dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
everytime i ride my bike i come back and see oil that has leaked out of the place where to pipe mounts to the engine, its not loose (its the part of the pipe held on with the springs, i need 2 no what 2 do to fix this, becouse it gets annoying having 2 clean up the oil.
i have some high temp exhost hole reapair stuff that might work, but i dont know if thats too good an idea...
any help epriciated

dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
well i did a little research and found that i am probably running too rich of a jet. is it too hard to put a different jet on, how would i know the size i have on it now, and which jet would i change.
also, could it be that i am leaking transmission fluid into the engine, becouse i loose some oil everytime i ride and i have to keep filling it up, what could be the problem here.
lol, everythings going wrong on my bike, it was the fork seals a few weeks back...

uts

Jan 8, 2004
Jetting or crank seal problems, either way the spooge shouldn't leak out of that joint. You should seal it up with an exhaust sealant of some kind, but it sure sounds like a bad crank seal.

dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
is having a bad crank seal abig problem, also whats it mean if your transmission fluid becomes grey colored and leakes out of the tube coming out of the cases (a black tube) im guessing it cant be too good

dan4011

Sep 12, 2004
ive also heard of ppl using there spark plugs to help them jet the bike correctly, whiter plug being to lean and a darker oily color being too rich, and it should be in the brownish dark grey region.
is this right

Top Bottom