Less "pipey" /easiest to ride 2 stroke ??

Avena Quaker

Dec 9, 2004
Im confused, I was just gonna put a check to pay for a 200 EXC, but then I read in some forums 250s are in general easier to ride than 200cc or 125s...

I want a 2 stroke thats for sure, but I dont want a bike that needs to be ridden fast or constantly "on teh pipe", because i will need some time big maybe) to get used to it after riding an XR 250 (my first motorcycle) ... after reading the forums I know this isnt a 2 stroke quality... but there has to be something that approximates.

Which bike do you think would do the job ?

I'd really appreciate your answers, thanks.

ps: sorry about my english, still learning :D

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
the new KTM 250 and 300EXC's are very linear, no major hit anywhere. KDX 200's are always a good bet for that type of power also

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
125's are pipey, but the hit isn't too hard. 250's aren't as pipey, but they aren't as easy to ride (for a new rider) becasue they make so much more horsepower.

In factory trim, a KDX220R is a two stroke that has minimal hit, yet still has good power. In modified trim, the 220 can have a great hit.

Ray3667

Mar 20, 2004
KTM 200 is good and torquey and it is easy to ride... anything bigger for a begginer is too much .and a 125 is not near enough to pipey... I have been riding for 15 years and if the KTM 200 had been around when I started riding I am sure I would have progressed musch faster.

Top Bottom