CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
It's on for tomorrow @ 11am ready to ride. Trailer is fun of orange fun. Looks like Jason will be riding my 525 as he doesn't seem to have the time to fix old blue.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Ahhh mine clever ruse has fooled the into mine trap, for I shall ride thouste old bike whilst passing thee on thy owns new bike only to spoil the stinks of thine twice strokes stink stain that lingers in the air in thy wake.
Andrew get it healed up bud, don't rush it, your to dog gone young to mess up your knee. Two words, stretch and stretch! It's very important. Truth be told, I rock Yoga in my living room, just pick a Yogi with an nice @$$ on demand on Comcast and you will be fine ;)
Gordon Thanks so much for letting me "exercise" the old 5.2.5. It means allot to me and hope its payback for the times I use to bring my old bike on the truck as a spare ( I never needed it but others did). You might just get some good Karma to offset your liability! I just looking forward to being in the woods in October with my riding buds.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
At least Andrew isn't being a complete slacker, he brought out the big green thing with training wheels, and I showed him around Lost Trails today. Was actually nice to have an ATV with me, I sent him though the deepest water first so i could see if i wanted to tackle it, worked to my advantage when he hit a big hole at the end of the tunnel, so i knew to turn back and go around( that hole will be fixxed Monday). And it gave me somebody to tow me out when i dumped the 450 in one of the water crossings where I didnt let him go first at the end of the day :uh:

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
Thanks for the guided tour today Dan. A November ride will be nice up there... Hopeful to be back on the bike soon, but certainly don't want to prolong this healing, nor do I wanna go through this crap again. Be careful on that orange thing J, you know how much orange plastic lines those woods! :nener:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah heal up Andrew. Do you have some nice braces? Great ride Sunday. I road the 600 up and ended up being late somehow. Traffic was very heavy, everyone that had a bike was out. I got caught up in 3 different groups including a sport bike jam for a bit when I decided doing 90 with all the gear I had pack on the back was not a great idea.
The 525 was a blast to ride, It's not WR but it sure does suck up the rocks nice. Took me a few minutes to get dialed into it but not long. The raised bars were great standing up but I was having some problems getting it to turn fast when I sitting down. My freaking bite valve on the camel back opened up about an hour in and dumped 3/4 of my water in my lap! :| so I was empty about 2 hours in on a hot day where the pace was fast and getting faster. I was able to keep that 2 smoke at bay for most of the AM. Those things really do STINK! Poor Steve was having issues with his eyes from the smoke. As the day went on Gordon Started to get comfy on the new bike and really taking off. I started to slow down as I was getting tired and dehydrated. I had a bottle in my pack but had to wait for a stopage to drink any of it. I was really whomped by the end and just had to take it easy as I felt my arms getting tight. I was a bit out of it when we got back. I could not find the key for my bike for like 10 minutes either :coocoo: . I got some water in me and waited for my stomach and head to cool down, ate the sandwich I brought with and packed up the bike. Once I got on the road the cool air felt great and I was able to ride the whole ride home without having to stop.
Amazing Fall ride, all the leaves are changing, the trails were great although there was some water out there that Steve found. Rolling down that bolder valley was cool, never been there before. I did not even manage to dump the big Orange sofa though I had some eye openers. Decending down the bolder valley with the clutch out in 1st, the darn thing stalled on me! I had to pull the clutch in, hit the button and hit the gas to get it to fire back up and picked up some speed, came around the corner to see Steve taking a break to cool his fee off in the waterfall and just had to gun it to skip off the top of the rocks, to make a line, there was no stopping.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 10/16

Just checked weather and right now it's looking good for Saturday which is always my preferd day to ride. Who's in???

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
This weekend?

Not sure which day I'll be riding yet and won't know for sure till tonight. I'd like to ride the RORR.org dualsport but it's on Sunday and not sure if that will work. Anyone else interested?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Watching weather and will decide Tomorrow if I'll try and get a ride in on Sat or Sun but right now it looks like Sunday will be the better day

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Oh well the weather gods look like they have sealed the fate out there for this weekend with 5-8 inches of snow forcasted for tomorrow.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Kind of wondering what the snow report is like out there? Does anyone know if it has had a chance to melt off in the woods or not? I know it's going to be a warm sunny day Saturday.

53fireman

Apr 2, 2009
My buddy in Pottsville said there's still spots of snow around, so I'm sure it's still in the woods, but the next 3 days of sun should take care of it...

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 11/6

Spoke with Bud this morning and he tells me the snow is gone out there and I'll be riding Saturday 11am ready to ride. Right now it looks like Brad, Steve, Matt, Drew, Buddy, Dror and me. Andrew are you up for it? ow about you Jason? Could be the last rock ride of the season. I might also be doing the Daulsport in south jersy Sunday.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Good for you. See you in the AM. Buddy and Dror won't be able to make it but don't feel sorry for them they are getting their bikes ready for Death Valley next week.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Might make it Sunday in the pines. Not sure yet. CRF guy keeps calling me at the crack of 8 AM and putting me in a bad mood :|

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Saturday 11/12 and Sunday 11/13

Looks like yet another warm weekend out there and I will be riding Saturday for sure and maybe staying over for Sunday but won't know for sure till Saturday aftenoon. 11am ready to ride Saturday morning. Who's in? So far its Brad, Steve, me and looks like Andrew, maybe Dave and Matt

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Wow what awsome weather for a ride!

Who would have thought after the last snow storm that we would be riding rock in the coal company again this season. Let's see first off I'm very happy with the suspension work that Drew Smith did for me after the very bad results I had with Bud Matto. I rode the bike all day Saturday without even touching a clicker and it was dialed in almost exactly where I like it. It is now very predicable wether on the grond or in the air th bike is very balanced. We spent Saturday with Steve, Brad, Andrew, Matt and Dave and covered about 26 miles of single track till brad took a nasty spill on what will now be called Brad's hill and damamged his radiator and pride. We all decided to head back to the trucks and Steve and I went to the holiday Inn in Frackville. Day two was more of the great weather and Andew and Brad who put his bike back together joind us again. This time I took Andew and the gang out to some new Stuff Matt had told me about on Sat. It was just as he had promised! Nice sweet single track over 10 miles long that must have been part of a recent event out there that was still riboned out. Technical, some off camber up and down hills but very fast stuff. I was rellay happy all day and needed this weekend to take my mind off all the family stuff going on in my life. Thanks guys! Andew give Drew a call and tell him your one of my riding buddies and see what he has to say about your bike.

Top Bottom