bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Let's see your winter projects or any toys you have sitting in the garage. I'ts been a long winter and seeing what other MTR's are up to during the off season may relieve the boring winter.
Any way, KTM Mike, here is my Jeep that has been a money pit and some throttle theropy over the last 16 years.
The way it ends up after some transformation over the last decade.
5.0 HO Mustang engine
T176 4 speed
Clocked Dana 300(no 4:1 kit yet)
Dana 60 front and rear 4:56 , Lincoln locked rear and detroit front
101" wheelbase
37 12.50 MTR's
I have alot of fun with it, but lately it's been a good junk holder and collector of misc items in the garage. I haven't had it out in over a year and I miss wheeling it.
Who else has cool toys in the garage? Post em.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
here is my current project at its current state. hope to have it done by the end of the month.
PICT0008-1.jpg

this is what has been put on the back burner to get my bike done.
Sep03_0001.jpg

i got a lot of money in parts for this just laying around just waiting...

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
bterp - that is much more of a for real JEEP than mine is! Mine wont be around long, as the kid will likely take it off to college a year or so down the road - but I have another son who needs a jeep project...so yet another will end up in the garage I am sure!

TJ - yup....musta been that getting passed at Goshen that prompted that 5 hunny AF! Wont be an issue this year I am sure. LMK if I can be of further motivational assistance in the future! Hey, did your mom and dad end up getting the 300s they were talking about?

riderkx125

Feb 18, 2008
KX rebuild

I just found this very cool winter project done by the guys at Eastern Dirt magazine. They did an insane job restoring a 96 kx 125

here is the finished bike

To view the entire story

go to the eastern dirt web site

Attachments

• kx125sml.jpg
    kx125sml.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 408

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
KTM Mike said:
bterp - that is much more of a for real JEEP than mine is! Mine wont be around long, as the kid will likely take it off to college a year or so down the road - but I have another son who needs a jeep project...so yet another will end up in the garage I am sure!

My Jeep started the same way yours is right now. There is no end to a Jeep project. Just when you think your almost done, a few more ideas come to mind and those ideas turn into another project.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Flat Pop

riderkx125 said:
I just found this very cool winter project done by the guys at Eastern Dirt magazine. They did an insane job restoring a 96 kx 125

here is the finished bike

To view the entire story

go to the eastern dirt web site

HEY FREDDY,
LET'S SEE YOU CALL THAT ONE A FLAT GREEN POP. THAT KAWAIE LOOKS WAY BETTER THAN YOUR ORANGE KOOL-AID!!! :nener: MIGHT EVEN GIVE DW A RUN FOR THE MONEY :laugh:

DAVE L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ya Dave I'd really rather have a 1996 Kaw 125 KX than a 2008 KTM 250 XCW. :coocoo: NOT!

The bike got some love this winter and she's looking good.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
D.LEATHERS said:
MIGHT EVEN GIVE DW A RUN FOR THE MONEY :laugh:

DAVE L.

Not - that’s like sport’n a pair of baseball cleats at a marathon run..... Although it’s a nice looking KX.

Wait till you all see my new ride for 2008!

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Ya Dave I'd really rather have a 1996 Kaw 125 KX than a 2008 KTM 250 XCW. :coocoo: NOT!
I would rather have the KX - Bet da gas cap won't leak or fall off.....

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
My winter project ....... YZ-WR 250 :ride:

Not as much bling as DW's or Freddy's but functional.
Just need some global waming to try it out.

Attachments

• P1000865.JPG
    P1000865.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 280

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Hey I think you missed a protection guard...Boy that bike looks heavy! :nener: Does the gas cap leak?... :think: You should seriously think about riding a Suzuki.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Sounds like 'ol DW is getting a bit ornery not being able to ride anything bigger than an X box 360 this winter after riding that flas azz ice round and round fore a few months. Maybe he's just getting dizzy? Going round and round? Or maybe he's just jelous that Don and I have newer bikes than him? :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
My winter project ....... YZ-WR 250 :ride:

Not as much bling as DW's or Freddy's but functional.
Just need some global waming to try it out.

Don, bling don't show up on the score cards anyway.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Sounds like 'ol DW is getting a bit ornery not being able to ride anything bigger than an X box 360 this winter after riding that flas azz ice round and round fore a few months. Maybe he's just getting dizzy? Going round and round? Or maybe he's just jelous that Don and I have newer bikes than him? :yikes:

Not true Factory Fred! XBox 360 is hard and requires some conditioning. :laugh:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
DW, maybe you should try a Yamaha this year. I hear there is alot of bling avalabile for them.
Fred I think we all are stir crazy this year..................

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Don Marsh said:
DW, maybe you should try a Yamaha this year. I hear there is alot of bling avalabile for them.
Hey that's an idea - I'll go buy two, just in case one breaks.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Hey Don, are you going to use a larger tank? Im looking at getting an Acerbis for Mine.There are some good pictures on Thumper talk in the 2 stroke section. What did you put on the gas tank ? How about a carbon fiber pipe gaurd.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Curtis, the tank is stock and I am going to try it first, Bryan raced all last year on a stock tank so I am going to try it. I put a P3 guard on the pipe.
If you a ready to trade up, Bryans 06 is for sale in the forum.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Looks sharp Ryan even if it is ORANGE :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Ohh not bad Ryan. They looks so nice when new. Looks like I'll have to post a pic of mine before I trash it again down south. Waiting for a replacment carb to arrive. Ask Skippy for some rim stickers.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
I'll have to post a pic of mine before I trash it again down south. Waiting for a replacment carb to arrive. Ask Skippy for some rim stickers.
What?...... Planning on running over some landscape while negotiating your way through McDonalds drive through?... “down south” :laugh:

Hey Fly did you have to buy 2 gas caps or did you get stuck with buying 2 carbs?.... :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom