Mar 25, 2008
Hey everyone...........

Im wondering if its ok to use a scotchbrite pad on the lower legs of my forks on a 2001 Honda CR 250 after they are dissasembled. I have leaking fork seals that Im Fixin' to replace and i noticed lines in the legs if turned and held in the light. The lines are naturally along the length of the legs but not anything I can feel with my finger. Should I leave it alone and just replace the seals and oil or should I scrub the legs with a scotch brite pad?? If scrubbing them with scotchbrite is a good idea then what "grit" of scotch brite is best?? the white stuff which i believe is really really fine or the brown stuff people use to prep automotive body panels for painting. As always, Thanks for any help.

Stuart Vet C #4 FTR Hare Scrambles

CRkev

Mar 19, 2004
I had some light grooves in mine on a 92 rm 125 i had years ago except I could slightly feel some grooves with my finger nail. Ran it with leaky seals for a couple months, which was a mistake!! I put new seals in mine and it always leaked from then on. not sure bout the scotch brite. I don't think I'd mess with it if it was me, I'd just make sure I kept good seals asap when they start leaking. I let dirt get up in mine and kept riding it and the grit wore grooves in em. I think your ok if you cant feel anything with ur finger nails though. maybe somebody else can give u some advice on the scotch brite!!

Top Bottom