Liquid-cooled/carburator VS air colled/fuel injection?

LEOVAN83

Sep 19, 2009
Hello guys

So I need an honest and rational opinion on this one.

I am looking for a 250 bike which I will use to commute in the city, very little highway riding. The streets where I live are not the best, really bumpy and all, so I am looking at a dual sport bike of course, and I will use it on dirt as well sometimes.

So anyway, I won't mention brands or models, but lets say that my options are:

Carburated w/ liquid cooling

OR

Fuel injected w/ air cooling

According to my needs, which one would you say it's best or will make more sense? I am inclined towards liquid cooling, but fuel injection sounds good too. On the other hand, does fuel injection really matters on a 250?

Help me out!

Thanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Different strokes for different folks......

What bike is air cooled with EFI?

I like the cheap, easy tuneability of a carb myself.

LEOVAN83

Sep 19, 2009
In Peru, that's where I live, I have the 2 options mentioned above. Let me explain:

Option 1:

Honda or Yamaha, 250 cc's, EFI and air cooled, made in Brasil.

Option 2:

Kawasaki KLX250S or SF, carburated and liquid cooled, made in Thailand (same bike you would bike in the USA).

Opinions?

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I have never heard of an EFI bike that is air cooled. Like Joe said, carbs are easier to tune. Given those 2 options, I suppose I would choose liquid cooled with a carburetor.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
jb_dallas said:
I have never heard of an EFI bike that is air cooled.

Ducati, Triumph, & Harley are just a few of the companies that make air cooled EFI engines. If an engine has to pass Euro 3 emissions standards (or something similar) it's pretty difficult to do it with a carb on an air-cooled engine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom