Jepson729

Dec 12, 2006
I am really wanting to get a new ride. I have a GSX-R750 and I wanting something that is more practical and comfortable to ride. Growing up I used to always ride dual sport bikes and I would like to go back to one. I want a bike that I can do kind of everything with, from riding down the intersate to hitting the trails. I've looked at the new KTM525EXEC-W and it looks really cool (I probably just think that because I have an 07 KTM125) but i'm just worried about durablilty riding the bike long distances. I don't relaly want to have to work on my street bike and much as my race bike. I've looked at Buells XB12X Ulysses, and i really like that bike but think i'll be unhapy with the off road use ability. I curious if anyone knows a whole lot about the new Husky TE450. I like how it is fuel injected and all. Should i just look for like a DRZ400? What is the best way to go? What bike would work best?

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'd go with a european bike. They're basically dirtbikes with lights and blinkers so performance wise they're leaps and bounds ahead of the japanese bikes.

KTM, Husky, GasGas and Husaberg would be the brands I'd look at. Husky and GasGas are fuel injected (GasGas has been for 5-6 years now so they've got the bugs figured out and reliability is good).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom