May 26, 2012
I value your input.... so here we go:

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)

5' 10" 170lb. medium build.

2) How physical / aggressive are you ?

I am pretty athletic/coordinated and confident in my abilities. Particularly for my age (33).

3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????

I would like to be able to ride trails, but still be able to get around a motocross track from time to time. I've seen videos of "harescrambles" and those look like what I'd love to do most. I don't really know all the proper jargon and lingo for various types of races or classes. My ideal riding experience would be going across a lot of varied terrain... slow quasi-technical stuff at one point then maybe a wide open/fast area... then maybe hills and a few jumps thrown in.... mix it up. Whatever you call that, its what I'd like.

4) Do you have any riding experience?

I raced motocross for a couple years when I was 14-15 years old. Though I wasn't all that competitive at it. Done some BMX and mountain biking since then.

5) Do you think you will race ?

Not much. If I did, it would be just for grins. I'm not trying to go pro.

6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?

I am mechanically competent. Most work that doesn't require expensive/specialized tools, i would do myself.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?

I like anything made in USA so KTM is a plus. 4 strokes appeal to me just because they seem most popular nowadays. I think MX bikes have a cool factor that trail and enduro bikes don't quite have.... but that doesn't mean I must have an MX bike... I'm just throwing that out there.

8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?

I'm in Tulsa. I think just about any brand dealer isn't too far away. I know we have Honda, Yamaha, KTM, not sure about Suzuki and Kawasaki.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?

I'd like to find something used in the $2000 range. But if my needs were significantly better met then I can spend more. For the sake of this post just consider my target $2000 but I could go up to $4000 if it really made a big difference.

10) Do you live in California?

Nope.

11) Your age?

12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

nah.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom