Looking to buy 2004 crf250x -- questions

ksilva

Nov 27, 2007
Looking to buy 2004 crf250x

This is what the add says:

Athena 280 cc big bore kit,Faction stainless steel valves,Hot Cam,New plastics,Fastway handgaurds,Devol Radiator gaurds and skid plate, New rear wheel bearings,oversized stainless rear spokes,CCS Revalved suspension,new fork seals. Stock barrel and piston included also,spare shift lever,oil filter,etc, One owner, always maintained properly.

What do you guys think?

I only ride trails, I don't need the 450, i'm jumping on from a 97 cr250.
I sold the bike and now wan't the 250x.

Guy is asking 2700

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have the 04 but I didn't bump up the cc's. I went for the high compression piston and "r'" cam along with some jetting, pipe and open air ways. I love the bike but bumping up the cc's makes it a little less reliable. I've heard that the motor may not handle the higher cc's very well. Other then that, the bike is the best purchase I've made in years. I didn't need the 450 either but the step up in motor work kicks major butt and is everything I'll ever need. Good luck!

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Like Elk said big cc's may make a little less reliable. I would be concerned how fresh everything is and how it was used. Race hours takes a toll on the bottom end bearings and crank, big cc's can't help. That said if everything is fresh you should get lots of reliable trail riding from this bike.

ksilva

Nov 27, 2007
CRF's are they good in Sand?

Question: How does the crf250x do in the sand? I do a Pismo trip once a year...

Kevin

Top Bottom