RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting ready for a Loretta Lynn Qualifier on March 16th here on the East Coast. The weather is calling for showers on the 16th so I plan on using Scott Roll-offs... My problem is I'm missing the cover to the supply (right) side. I called to order a replacement from Scott but they want me to buy the whole side. Does ANYONE have an extra cover laying around they could loan me for a week or sell me. Thanks
Jeff

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I like the roll-offs when it's muddy, but when it actually rains I always seemed to get water under the film and it's worse than without the roll-offs.

I even had the little "visor" thingie over the top of the film and small strips of tape to make sure water didn't get under the film at each upper corner.

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
I kinda expecting more mud than rain... I hope neither happens - With all the snow we have had, I only have about an hour and a half on the new bike...

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
A little off topic, but i watn to know. WHen you wear tear offs, how many do you put on at a time. I only use 1, but it seems weird when in a race and you need to tear it off then you got nothing. but if you put 2 with the tab on teh same side, then you can't grab them with gloves on. So how many do you do?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I like the roll-offs when it's muddy, but when it actually rains I always seemed to get water under the film and it's worse than without the roll-offs.

I even had the little "visor" thingie over the top of the film and small strips of tape to make sure water didn't get under the film at each upper corner.

That can be a problem with the Roll-offs. Once you get water in between the lens and the film, the film will stick to the lens and not want to roll off.

Racer#213.

Try adding a strip of masking tape or duct tape to the tab on your tear-offs. As you add tear-offs, fold the tab forward under the edge of the next tear-off and then add a little longer strip of tape to the next tear-off and so on and so on.

That way when you reach for the top one, the longest tab will be sticking out and the other tabs will be tucked under the next tear-off. As you remove the tear-off on top the next tab will pop out.

Nothing is worse than ripping all of your tear-offs off on the first lap. :scream:

You can stack several using this method.

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I forget what kind of tear offs I've been using but I like them the best. They are laminated to each other, you install on the goggles as usual but nothing gets in between the layers of film. They are a little more pricy but worth it.

sweden_345

Jul 17, 2002
Here in sweden we use fishing line.
Put it on under the film and attach it to to the screw or the thing that attach the roll offs to the lens and then the film do not stick to the lens as it is held out by the fishing line

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
I may be down there for the Hare Scramble, since the Curly Fern enduro has been postponed. The weather here is supposed to be decent all week except for showers thurday night. The weekend is supposed to be in the fifties, near sixty Sunday. I would bet that Jonathan will have the track in great shape.

TMax

Nov 4, 2002
Goggles are one item I think racers don't put enough attention to... When my son races we go to the track with 6 sets of goggles ready to go. 2 pair setup for dry use and 4 for wet conditions. Of course when I ride, its two pair... One with tearoffs one without.

Practice: Use your older frames and straps for practice. We would always have 2 tearoffs on the practice goggles as most tracks are mud for practice. If the track ran two practices we would try and get through practice with one pair. But, it is always good to put clean goggles on when going back out on the track.

For the Motos: Always put on clean goggles to go out. These goggles were usually pretty new and we would replace the lenses when scratched. If muddy, 2 to 3 tearoffs. 3 is about the most we could put on without effecting vision.

Tips...

Clean your goggles at home and lay them out to dry a couple of days ahead of race day.

Clean the lenses, load tearoffs and store goggles in the little cloth bag they come in. Do this in advance of race day... One thing less to worry about when loading up and going to the race.

Don't take them out of the cloth bag until your at the gate and everyone is lined up for the start.

Don't put them on until the board is up.

Get the hole shot and keep your goggles clean!

TMax

TMax

Nov 4, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
Tmax, if you were a little less particular about your goggles, you might have time to change your drawers once in a while!

Hey, you can get four days out of a clean pair of underware... With goggles you can't turn them around, or turn them inside out!

TMax

RM250'er

~SPONSOR~
May 25, 2001
Hi District7pro,

I race 250B,+25B,+30B,+35B,+40... I will only be there Sunday, Look for me and say hello, I have a 2003 RM250 #324...
Jeff

Top Bottom