arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Hi - I'm running a Doma rev pipe on my Husky 125 with vforce and standard jetting. The bike was running fine but has developed a top end sputter. Top end power gets pretty thin then starts to break up. I noticed that the pipe is very slightly out of line at the cylinder, with part of the o-ring just visible - not much though. Would this be the likely cause?

Tugsy

Feb 24, 2004
I had similiar problem with my 1994 RMX 250 when new fatty pipe was installed and I had to richen main jet.....I also would be concerned on the alignment issue but would maybe go with higher main jet (2 sizes) to see if there was any change.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
arjay said:
Hi - I'm running a Doma rev pipe on my Husky 125 with vforce and standard jetting. The bike was running fine but has developed a top end sputter. Top end power gets pretty thin then starts to break up. I noticed that the pipe is very slightly out of line at the cylinder, with part of the o-ring just visible - not much though. Would this be the likely cause?

Doubt it, there's 2 o rings.. If it started suddenly, I'd guess the power valve is stuck closed.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Thanks. The bike's been lying round for a a few months unused. I wheeled it out last weekend to race and found that there was a lot less resistance on the kickstart. I could have fired it up by hand. It started ok, sounded ok but wasn't running great. No bottom end at all - it was bogging all the time unless I slipped the clutch like crazy and got it into the mid/top end. I had jetted the main up a couple of sizes but it didn't stop the overrev misfire. I'm stripping it down tonight and hoping it's not a bank loan type of problem.

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
The pv was ok. Turned out to be bore damage from a part seizure, running too lean sometime in the past. It's minimal but enough to lose compression. This could be the spur to get the 144 conversion...

arjay

~SPONSOR~
Nov 19, 2002
Eric Gorr - Forward Motion, costs around $450 incl boring, machining, porting and piston kit. Check out the link on the left of the page.

Top Bottom