Louisiana DRNers Do You Want a Local Chapter?

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
SE Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi & Alabama DRNers Do You Want a Local Chapter?

Hey Cajun spodes and fellow DRNers... is there enough interest with you guys to form our own local chapter? There are local chapters forming, but none really convenient or local for us and thought I would see if there is enough interest to start our own.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
If it is only us two I am not sure we even have a chance, but if there is enough interest we could vote a name. The name Cajun Spodes comes to mind.

If you know of any other Louisiana people interested, get them to put their .02 in here!

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Hey motohead-
Did you race in Avondale a weekend ago? I saw a #00 Yamaha, thought it was you but I wasn't sure.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Nope, sorry it wasn't me. I was in Houston for work. I think I know the bike you are talking about. Don't know the guy but have seen a Yamaha with #00 on it. I am actually running #3 when I moto. Putting the new BBR graphics and new plastic on the bike this week so I will be back to the Double OH soon!

B

biglou

Hey-Isn't New Iberia where they make "Try-Me Tiger Sauce"? I love that stuff on catfish!

How about "The Cajun Crawdads" for a chapter name? :D

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by BigLou
Hey-Isn't New Iberia where they make "Try-Me Tiger Sauce"? I love that stuff on catfish!

How about "The Cajun Crawdads" for a chapter name? :D
I can't remember if it is made there or not. Tabasco is made there and another sauce is made in St. Martinville about 20 miles away, though.

Big Lou! As for Chapter names, Cajun Crawdad's is difer'nt or how about the Mudbugs, there's lot's of rice grown here, how about the Rice Rockets? There's alot of sugar cane grown here too, but I will leave that one alone.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Hey I'm in.
Let me know what I got to do to help promote it. We need some kind of organized muscle around here. :cool:

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by motohead00
KiDX,

Do you come to New Iberia some? Was wondering because I think I remember seeing a KDX 250 out there a couple of times. :confused:

Yeah, I go to New Iberia and Breaux Bridge pretty often. I've been going to Gonzalez a lot lately because it's so close. You can see a pic of my bike here

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Philip
Hey I'm in.
Let me know what I got to do to help promote it. We need some kind of organized muscle around here. :cool:

Phillip,
Talk to anyone you know that is a DRN member and lives around here or who might like to become a member of DRN and then take part in a local chapter. Should we think about our neighbors in Mississippi or Alabama? Let me know.

I have to go offshore Thursday morning, and will return in 2 weeks and I will be back on this. If you and KiDX can keep the ball rolling til then that would be great and I will jump back in then!

Motohead00

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Ok... I am back in the freeworld again and pushing for some of us to form a local chapter! How about anyone in South East Texas, Mississippi or Alabama. We can't let all the other DRNers have all the fun. BSWIFT suggested expanding to include these other areas and I am all for it if we can get enough interest in our general area! Come on guys! Help me keep this thing rolling!

Motohead00

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
KiDX, Philip, LA20 Rider and KamikaziRida, have any of you talked to anyone else that may be interested? Just seems a shame that we don't have more interest in this area for this sort of thing.

There are plenty of SERA members in this area that I know at least browse here occasionally. Those of you that moto more than offroad can help by getting those guys to sign up to DRN (if they aren't already) and I am going to start trying to pick out the enduro and offroad riders that I know of and get any that I can interested.

I think we have a great place to have a spode fest around here as well! We have some really decent trailriding with three areas within an hour or so of each other and motocross tracks that are handy as well. I was talking with Kevin Windham the other day and he will be opening up something similar to Cooperland in the near future as well. At least that was his plan on Good Friday, so we might have another prime location for a real Dirt Week in our vicinity as well.

I don't know any other way to get people interested in this from this area but to keep posting and keeping it visible until we can drum up enough interest or really see that there is none and let it die, and I would really like to see the guys across the mid-south here have there own local chapter.

Motohead00

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Sounds interesting. I'm more interested in offroad/trailriding than MX. Keep me posted if this goes anywhere.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I am more interested in trail and offroad riding as well, but we can't limit our group to that only. We need to make sure that all our fellow dirtbike riders and DRN members in the area are aware of trying to get our own local chapter. If you know of others that would be interested, please spread the word around.

Thanks Motohead00

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Sorry motohead I got busy and dropped the ball in helping you. I will be on vacation next week but will try to get in touch when I get back and help out.

calamari racer

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2001
I live in the Houston area and would be willing if you can combine Louisiana and southeast Texas. I think there's several DRN'ers that live in this area.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by calamari racer
I live in the Houston area and would be willing if you can combine Louisiana and southeast Texas. I think there's several DRN'ers that live in this area.

That would be great. I am not limiting it only to Louisiana, but hoping that anyone in the general vicinity would get interested. There are more in this area than have responded, and I am hoping to get some more interested parties here. Keep it rolling if you can.

Top Bottom