Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Greetings,

Just curious if I could get some opinions on Kalkaska, some friends and I are thinking of riding fri/sat of memorial weekend.
Looking for suggestions for riding, I hear it is sandy. The idea is it is long loop and make a good 2 dayer. Looking for suggestions.

What are we using in placement of s-12's?

Thanks
Jim

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The riding is fine but the people that live around there are wierdo's.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Asrith said:
What are we using in placement of s-12's?

Thanks
Jim
Kenda Millville's - You will never buy another set of high priced S-12 ever again!

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Kalkaska has some sand but I would not rate it as sandy. Many areas are very firm. Easy to plan gas, food every 20-30 miles. Quads have been busy and its gotten wide, still fun for its width. If you want sand go nextdoor to Leetsville.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
TJ - There will always be a trade off for a great handling tire that’s for sure. I’ve chunk the 56’s and S12’s as well. This 2008 season Kenda has changed up the rubber compound for their Millville’s. The new tire will have AF on the sidewall. There was a lot of testing on this new tire last season and Kenda is confidant with the new carcass. Sill 100.00 per set shipped on line – Can’t beat that!

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
well i should say i only run the millville rear. i got 3 months before knobs starting coming off. i ran it till marquette last year because i didn't want to destroy a brand new tire up there on the rocks. i think it was 8 months old when i took it off. i didn't notice much difference between the 756 and the millville, but the 756 lasts much longer behind the 500. ill have to see how well yours last this year, i didn't know they changed their compound. BTW, i just bought a set of 756s for $130 shipped. ;)

but, kalkaska has one of the funnest trails i have ridden, i think it was the B loop. there was one section that was like 4 miles of sandy rolling hills with nice sweeping turns. when we rode it, i believe on july 4th a few years ago, the sand wasn't deep, just had great traction.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
"The riding is fine but the people that live around there are wierdo's."

Yes I do believe that you should be carefull of the weirdo's, in fact all of you flatlanders that live below the Mason - Dixon line (US 10 incase you didn't know) should just stay home and save the wear on our trails.
The Kalkaska Sand is so forgiving that you could run chunked out slicks and still have fun.
Jim, let me know when you are coming up and maybe I can get loose to ride.
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Man, I was thinking of pulling my boat and fishing some where else, but I finally got a bite! "Da fishin's good"

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Don, I thought the cut off was M-55 for the Flatlanders? (watch out, Magoo or Nick will say the bridge...)

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Don Marsh said:
in fact all of you flatlanders that live below the Mason - Dixon line (US 10 incase you didn't know) should just stay home and save the wear on our trails.
Coming from a true mountain man who lives in the great Kalkaska rockies. :coocoo:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
nickolino said:

Fred - yep...fishin is good. But all I got was a 2 letter nibble. Holy wa...

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Any where to stay in the kalkaska area that anyone can suggest? Should be 4 to 6 of us.

What is the Fredric loop like? I cant remember if I been there...friday we plan to ride Kalkaska loop and Fredric on Saturday.

Jim

GOBUCKS

Mar 12, 2008
TJC510 said:
dunlop 756, ill never buy a set of kenda knob chuckers again.

HAHAHA ive never laughed so hard until i just read this! knob chuckers huh?? you think it has anything to do with you riding a CR500?!?!? :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey GOBUCKS! I got ya some "story time fluid" ready for our night around the campfire this Memorial weekend buddy. :cool: I can't wait for some more "insurance coverage scenarios"

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
GOBUCKS said:
HAHAHA ive never laughed so hard until i just read this! knob chuckers huh?? you think it has anything to do with you riding a CR500?!?!? :laugh:
yea, the 500 eats rear tires, chains and sprokets, but also lately plastic and pistons :bang: :bang:
i should have stock in wiseco with how many pistons ive bought in the past year. :pissed:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
You probably should Junk that old school no handling 500 and cut your loses while ya can. There are plenty of arm ripping 450 4t on the market :cool:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Hey GOBUCKS! I got ya some "story time fluid" ready for our night around the campfire this Memorial weekend buddy. :cool: I can't wait for some more "insurance coverage scenarios"
“Story Time Recipe”

CM = 3 cans of beers to 1 can of Monster and repeat.

Loitering patrons with in 30ft circle = Lounge Chairs with tie down hook applied & seat belt – 1ea. hand towel to wipe tears away and throw in when you had enough. DO NOT FEED THE ANIMAL CANDY AS ALL HELL MAY BREAK LOOSE!!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Did the sand hills Saturday convince everyone it was flat land? There appears to be a Miss Nomer present.

YT1

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
“Story Time Recipe”

CM = 3 cans of beers to 1 can of Monster and repeat.

Loitering patrons with in 30ft circle = Lounge Chairs with tie down hook applied & seat belt – 1ea. hand towel to wipe tears away and throw in when you had enough. DO NOT FEED THE ANIMAL CANDY AS ALL HELL MAY BREAK LOOSE!!

LMAO!!!

We had a lot of fun last year and I hope GOBUCKS can make another road trip to Michigan for the holiday weekend.

GOBUCKS

Mar 12, 2008
ohhh you better believe it!! im coming full out swinging! its not going to be so much story telling this year but more of what i like to say trash talking! haha j/k i would never trash talk to my michigaians friends!! haha only after the bucks put a hurtin on ya! hey i couldnt help but notice another OHio native is leading the D-14 points!! GO BUCKS!! :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
GOBUCKS said:
ohhh you better believe it!! im coming full out swinging! its not going to be so much story telling this year but more of what i like to say trash talking! haha j/k i would never trash talk to my michigaians friends!! haha only after the bucks put a hurtin on ya! hey i couldnt help but notice another OHio native is leading the D-14 points!! GO BUCKS!! :nener:

what kind of beer do ya like? i already know about the blue monsters, hmmm maybe some vodka and monster combos or something????? we'll have a big azz cook out too unless you guys go to wolverine for pizza again.

Top Bottom