94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
This race has been been promoted over the years by renowned motx promoter jerry Sharp. jerry has been around dirtbikes in Missouri forever. As i was making my way around the practice lap i happened upon jerry as he was watching for cars at a road crossing. He smiled as I rode up and stuck out my hand to take his. he was looking pretty good(using that cane all the time now). He recognized me and remembered me from many previous races and rides.
Anyway, Jon "spud" Simons set up this race. It was a typical Spud race with a mix of tight trails, 4 wheeler hiways and a few grass tracks. The ground was wet in a few spots but it was totally raceable. I didn't get the jump off the line as i was parked in a windrow of hay and just absolutely spun without moving. I was 5th into the 1st turn and ran behind mike Dobson for about 10 minutes until he bailed off in a wide open turn. Fortunatley he remounted to crash again later!. Anyway that moved me into 4th and I started catching 3rd and 2nd place when the 2nd place guy went down. I showed a wheel to the new guy in 2nd and we rode like hell for a few miles into he picked a wrong line in a mudhole and i got around him. i finally caught the leader at the end of the first lap at the check. He got out of the check and gone again. I could catch glimpses of him here and there but he was faster in the tight stuff and beat me by a minute at the end! Good race by a good racer.
Some items of note: Steve Levain won. His first MHSC race win since an ugly crash in January left him with broken ribs and humoruos(humorless??).
Also, My son Tyler the batboy ripped a holeshot in front of all of the kids(100sand 85s) and the women. Not bad for an 85 # weakling on an 80. The start was a 5th gear pinned fade to the right and then hard left. he held on to the lead for a few miles before fading to an eventual 7th. The boy got 2 laps in!

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Good report Ruck, consistently running up front like you do, you are sure to take a Vet win here soon! Way to go for the Batboy, nothing like a good holeshot!!
Looking forward to the FM race this Sunday, it will be weird to ride on dirt after the last few trips to Chadwick...

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Sounds like that back is better Kevin...Glad to hear Steve is back in the saddle again, also. I was there at C'wick with some of the rest of the KC gang when he wadded himself up. Nasty crash!!! Hope we can hook up soon!

Top Bottom