TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I rode this track today and it's a freaking blast! Elevation change a few double/triples thrown in but for the most part friendly to the novice. It's black clay but Larry preps it up real nice. I'm sooooooo happy to have a track that's 30 minutes away!

Larry is looking to buy the adjacent land and build a supermoto and supercross track.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
So they have reopened? That is cool. Give me some details like how much and when the track is open. It has always had nice elevation changes but the darn black dirt is like concrete. I used to ride there a bunch when it was open before. Is he looking at buying the land to the west across the creek? Did he actually buy the track or is he lease/purchasing it?

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
$15 to ride. It's open Tues, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Don't know the hours on Tue/Thu but the weekend he opens up a 9am. He preps the dirt so it's not concrete at all.

bspeed was taking pics yesterday so you can see some of the layout and the dirt from some of the shots. http://bryanspeed.smugmug.com/gallery/3929031#228109039

I have no idea if he owns or leases. He did say he was going to buy the adjacent land and as we were facing the hill that the track is on, he pointed off to the right of that hill. I guess that west.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I did notice the track starting to dry up around 11:45am. When that dirt gets dry.... it's like concrete. I had to leave prolly an hour or two before sections turned into hard pack black clay. In defense of the owner... he didn't water the evening before because of the forecast and the mist that we had falling. The freaking hurricane force winds didn't help the matter throughout the day.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
That dirt is great for circle tracks but not the ideal surface for mx. If you over water/work it, the dirt becomes a bunch of clay marbles and that is not fun to ride on. Ive seen all kinds of stuff added to the dirt but the result is the same. It will never be Nocona, but man I like that it is close. That wind coming off that hill is usually from the south and I remember learning to lean in the air way back in the day at Milam....of course I wasnt in the air for very long.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom