ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
"When you think about it, that's almost by default"

Placing two of your team riders, 1st and 2nd in points in a national class is never by default. Ever think that if Bubba didn't ride over the edge all the time that maybe he would've started the season with everyone else and had a chance at the title. That maybe Langston and Hughes are smart enough to know that the kid isn't going to catch them in points and so they don't have to ride at the same pace and perhaps put themselves out as a result of a high speed get off? Ever think Bubba has nothing to lose as a result of pretty much throwing away the chance for this years outdoor title at the last SX of the season? Maybe, just maybe Team KTM fell back, assessed the situation, regrouped and shot for the 125 championship this year, knowing that next year they will take a shot at the 250 championship? Right now it is looking like a successful formula!

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
No, I didn't "Ever think" any of those things. And still don't really find any plausible except of course the "KTM falling back" idea.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Originally posted by ktm033
"When you think about it, that's almost by default"

Placing two of your team riders, 1st and 2nd in points in a national class is never by default. Ever think that if Bubba didn't ride over the edge all the time that maybe he would've started the season with everyone else and had a chance at the title. That maybe Langston and Hughes are smart enough to know that the kid isn't going to catch them in points and so they don't have to ride at the same pace and perhaps put themselves out as a result of a high speed get off? Ever think Bubba has nothing to lose as a result of pretty much throwing away the chance for this years outdoor title at the last SX of the season? Maybe, just maybe Team KTM fell back, assessed the situation, regrouped and shot for the 125 championship this year, knowing that next year they will take a shot at the 250 championship? Right now it is looking like a successful formula!

You can't be serious, you really think James Stewart is riding over the edge? He's crashed less than Langston has this year, and by my book, done quite better than Langston otherwise.

Are you trying to say that if Stewart had a chance at taking the title, Langston and Hughes would be up at his pace? No way Jose, nobody is at James Stewart's pace right now.

I do agree with you on one thing, that they aren't on top by default. Ryan Hughes rode with a broken leg to be there. I hope he wins the championship.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I can only imagine how fast Bubba would be if there was anybody that was up too his level :)

01HondaCR

May 31, 2001
Wasnt it David Pingree who fumbled around a few laps in supercross, faking bike problems and other things to keep from pointing out? It may have not been him but I'm pretty sure it wasnt Langston. I could be wrong though.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
With JBS's talent, imagine if he was riding one of the better bikes in the class! On a KTM or a 250F? He would probably lap the whole field, every moto!

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
ktm033--which part of Cam's 2nd paragraph do you disagree with? Ryno said today that Stewart is so far ahead of him he's on a whole different level. From the horse's mouth.

One thing that's interesting is that when guys talk about how good he is, they say "right now"--as in Hughes saying "he's riding that much better than me...right now..." As if Ryno's gonna get faster by several seconds a lap? When? After his arthritis 'heals'? As Pred would say...pppsssshhhaaawwww!!!!

The bike comment was pretty lame. I would guess that was a joke.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Observations (probably meaningless, but I'm bored) after today's race:

Anyone notice Rodrigues (J) was on a 250 until Millville, the week after Boniface refused to lay down for team KTM? Unfortunately, for him, he looks BETTER than Langston AND Hughes to me--which is sad, since he had to let both by last week. Something smells again. Why is no one else talking about his move to 125's mid to late season?

Windham didn't wreck doing a triple, it was an uphill double that he was casing with his rear down all day long, and he almost did it in the 2nd moto as well. He went down because he hit Fonseca.

No one was faster in the whoops, including RC, than Stewart. Anyone see him jumping 2 out, hitting his rear wheel on the 2nd whoop and carrying him over the next two? Essentially, he was quadding them smoothly, then he'd triple out. 4,4,4,4,4,3...he picked up at least a second on everyone just in that section.

Reed, as I thought, is getting better. He looked damn good.

Brown's shoulder is fried. He's done.

Reynard looked great. You could see a lot of talent trapped in an injured body. He was very smooth.

Could heat be a factor with the 4 strokes themselves, and not just the riders?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by nephron
Reed, as I thought, is getting better. He looked damn good.

I'm hoping Reed will keep racing outdoors (i heard he was looking for a SX only deal) I think he may win real soon!! Hats off too him :thumb:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Anybody notice the Lusk interview where he said his best experience in motocross was with Keith McCarty @ Yamaha?

Sure enough--he's going to Mach1 Motorsports Yamaha next year to replace Wey, who's going to Sobe/Suzuki.

That'll be a good place for a guy that wants those repeat 4th-8th finishes. He's really been a satellite rider for a while now.

Good for Wey. I hope he does well.

Top Bottom