Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Have you seen Brown's house and cars? How about Hughes'? They aren't going hungry.

As far as I'm concerned, the 125's are for the up and comers.. busting ass for a factory ride. Hughes and Brown already had their careers.

Honda took crap for "buying" championships. Why do you think KTM and PC hired Brown and Hughes?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I think Hughes dropped down to 'restart' at a safer level for him, because he knew that on a 250 he'd be ballzing it and knocking the piss out of his brain right away. I'd bet he goes back to the 250 soon. Maybe help out the 250SX?

Brown--ahhh, your sense of him is so good, Okie. He's stayin' 125 until he retires. I think he knows he'd end up with a tuffblock up his butt if he tried to bully his way around RC the way he does now, and specifically did against the drone, Fonseca. ;)

BTW, anybody notice how Windham's lookin' pretty thin and whipped these days? Take a look at that shot of him in the Honda tent at Glen Helen, and compare it to now. He looks like he's been a beaten hostage. He's a great talent, but he's realizing that trying to keep up with RC is like being a 1 legged man in an ass kickin' contest. :laugh: And Bailey says RC just rides around on the weekends--and rides much faster in practice all week long to prepare.

Oooohhhh, can't wait 'til JBS gets there. I'd bet it will be the best racing that's ever been seen in MX history. My call is James will win a slight majority of the races due to sheer talent, while RC will occasionally capitalize on his mistakes. James will win about 50-60% of the races out of the gate.....anyone? :think:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
One of them will crash, and be out for the season within 3 races is my prediction-i have no idea which one.Neither can stand losing-RC will let him win a few but if he feels he will loose the championship he will go all out.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
-RC will let him win a few but if he feels he will loose the championship he will go all out.

I don't see RC letting anybody win.. If they beat him, they will have earned it..
RIck

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I think it will be good for about two races and Bubba will crash and hurt himself his first year on a 250, but the second year watch out.

I think Reed has the speed to run every week with these two guys indoors and out. He has only shown that speed a few times outdoors this year, but it is there. I think as Baily said he is just riding around at most of the Nationals since he is not in the running for the title. I think the overall lose in supercross took some of his motiviation away for the nationals.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Reed and DV have been complaining of handling problems all year-lets hope they get them sorted so we see some real racing.The gps is the thing to watch at present-Everts and Pichon have been having a right 'ding dong' and everts won the last one by 0.3 seconds.

Rick i should have worded it better, i meant RC will not ride over his head and crash hard unless someone starts to beat him regular-like with reed beating him at the end of the SX season-he would have tryed harder(and crashed) if he thought reed would take the title-he knew he had the title and so didnt chase reed to the point of crashing out.If bubba was to win the first 3 rounds i think RC would try too hard to stop him. 

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Okie you are probably right but as Roncarda showed at budds they should be able to pressure RC more than at present.Im thinking they are beat mentally before the start of the race-we need new blood to liven things up-maybe everts should have a pop?? hes riding the 125 GPs now as well as the 250/450s and is already upto 6th in the 125s even though he missed alot of the season.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Is there any chance in hell I could find the Pichon/Everts show on MY TV???? I've got COX cable, very similar to DirecTV that we dropped last year.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, I'm starting to regret it, too. The only thing I watch is History International, History, Discovery, A&E, Fox News, ESPN2, Speed, the occasional movie or nocturnal smut :laugh: , etc....They've both got IFC and Sundance :scream: , which when reverting back to my artsy, fartsy days, I watch as well. Got OLN. Now have local channels, and it's cheaper. BUT, I liked the DirecTV format better.

What channel would we be talking about here, as far as the Everts/Pichon show? I've seen the occasional Euro race, but it's usually some step down GP with 'no-names'.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Forgot to say -you know my old mate MP-hes lost it lately-last GP Everts beat him by 57 seconds but Smets has stepped it up and was only 2 seconds behind Everts-this is at a track where Everts has never been beat.MP is still leading the GPs but its close.

Top Bottom