craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
It's time to start the planning. Just talked to e-nut, he MAY be coming up to this one. We need a head count so we can plan on the travel and lodging stuff.
As of right now, I'll be taking the little pick-up Saturday morning with a bike, tent, water and food in the bed.
If someone needs to split travel costs, jump in with a suggestion.
My plans are open to amending, as needed.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Give me dates again.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
'Game' day is Sunday, 9/11.
I've got a scheduled 4 day weekend, but I can go late and leave early if that's what's needed for the group.
Tyson and Lockwood have gotten back to me, they are out. :(

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I plan on going if I can car pool. I have to work Saturday. For how long I don't know. Worst case scenario is leaving Stillwater at 4pm Saturday. Jeff is still offering his place as a crash pad. I was hoping to make this a whole weekend thing but the way work has been I feel lucky that I even have Sunday off.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
DWreck said:
I have to work Saturday.I was hoping to make this a whole weekend thing but the way work has been I feel lucky that I even have Sunday off.

Derek - I can feel the sickness(golfballidess) coming on. This type of sickness can be treated succesfully though, with one shot of enduro and you will back to normal by Tuesday.
Signed,
Doctor Enduro Nut :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm willing to jump on the train. My work has been nuts. I'm still planning to break away with my own busines at the end of the month but that should not be a problem.
Roger, you bringing the land yacht?

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Sounds like I might have to make an appearance since you will be in my stomping ground...
I've got a hare scramble there the next weekend, and didn't want to to burn a lot of gas going down there bolth weekends... $3 per gallong really hurts...

I might just motor down on the " super tard "

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Enduro_Nut said:
I can if we want to split the gas... 6mpg, BUT it has a great shower/beds and TV!
If DWreck and Craig are game we can help offset your costs. BTW, I got a kitchen pass today. :yeehaw:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey guys, what's the final plans? I just made it home.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Last I heard, Roger is coming up to STW Friday evening, staying with me. Brian is heading over and staying with Derek. We will leave early Sat. morning, be at the site before noon. We plan on tenting it.
Jeff may be coming up to the race, I don't know if or when.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I just talked to Brian and he enlightened my only partially working brain with the knowledge that he lives on the way and it wouldn't make sense for him to come up here. I agreed. How about the three of us leave Stillwater early Saturday morning and pick him up. (Two vehicles of course). And head on out. The only snag we came up with is that Roger and Brian smoke so we will need to have a smoking section and a non smoking section or make several extra stops along the way. Jeff is planning on meeting us Saturday afternoon/evening at the race site.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
New info: One vehicle. Rogers Grand Cherokee and box trailer. Haven't heard when we are leaving town yet.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
See you guys in the morning.

Crash217

May 4, 2005
Did you guys make it? Did you have fun?

Last week I hung arrows on a lot of the trail and Sunday I swept all 3 loops, so i had more than an enduro under my belt by the time i got done riding at 5! (9-5 on a bike... not as fun as it sounds!)

Everyone I got to talk to out on the trail seemed to like the trail, even the 3 guys who all ended their day within 100 yards of each other less than a mile from the end of short course(2 out of gas, one very dehydrated)

I pushed and pulled a couple bikes and bodies around the first two loops but didn't have to work too hard on the third loop except pushing my sweep partners bike up a couple hills.

Who was the fastest on the grass track? I came in about 20 seconds slower than levain the first time around and topped out at 71 on the long straight with the radar gun.

Did anyone check if they got pictures of themselves from the photographers there?

Hope you all had a good time, I know i did!

Dave.Smith

Dec 15, 2002
Thanks for the fun ride. The event was very well organized, the trail markings were outstanding and the folks I met at sign-up and at the checks were really great.

I know the three you're talking about (I was on row 50). I think the dust had a lot of air cleaners plugged and carbs running rich. My riding partner finished with about a pint of gas left.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Great race! Hat's off to you and Brian along with the rest of the gang! The scenery was fantastic - I really liked the section with the rock overhangs - Nice!!

Maybe next time my bike will treat me right(actually, it helps when you prep properly!!! :pissed: ) - the race will probably kick me out of third(in my class). Next is Scipio!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
one hell of a way to get a rash course in enduro riding.. of course having my rear end handed too me makes me think twice about ridingin next weekend

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Awsome run. I'm sore all over and still smiling.:)

Top Bottom