94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Nasty Creek lived up the its name...not really. It rained a bit the night before and i was dreading another mudfest. But the dirt was perfect and no dust all day. very Little mud, just nice dirt, lotsa off camberhills with roots and rocks. I pulled the holeshot and ran up front for a while. The last year senior class winner moved to the vet class this year and he pulled ahead for a bit but i caught him on a bobble. I got back in front and was leading until the eventual winner got by. I finished the first lap in 2nd place. Then my KTM hydro clutch started wierding out(no resistance at the lever). i stopped after killing my bike 2 or 3 times and it was like a freight train of vet riders behind me(I musta held them up). Then the race was on. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place all were rocking and we were all on the same minute until near the end when 5th ran out of gas. 2nd,-4th finished in the same minute with 5th and 6th close behind. I was 4th. It was FUN. Looks like I got to rebuild my clutch MC though...and a new tire...and fork seals...and a throttle cable for the Batmans bike...and another fork seal...Looks like I am ready to race! :aj:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Cool report Kevin! Jason and I stayed here only to be cancelled on the count of the weather making the place a mess. Brad held out until Saturday night, but deemed the place a swamp.

Friday I went back out for course marking, only to have my truck sink a bit and my trailer tires turn into stationary donuts holding up a 2500lb trailer. Needless to say it was 4 Low and mud flying everywhere just to get the thing turned around at the trailer house and back up the hill.

Kahoka is looking iffy for me due to surgery (eek!)

Top Bottom