pigglywiggly

Mar 31, 2004
well we got the KD 125 running "for now" is there any kind of modern conviences i can easily add? I really dont like the super wide handlebars or the brake handle that keeps slipping. What about suspension or anything with the motor? I know this wasn't a popular bike so i dont think theres any aftermarket stuff for it but i was just wondering if its easy to fab anything on it.

Oregon Trail

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 1999
Just get a new pair of alloy bars that fit your needs and some new perches and levers. You should be able to find some Sunline perches and levers that will work with your cables. Not much to do with the suspension except maybe some Progressive shocks (cheaper than Works) and just make sure the front end has oil and springs are not shot. You're just trying to make it a fun run around bike right? :think:

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I know this may be an option but sometimes with a little trial and error you can find some better springs out of junk bikes as long as they fit and are of similar dimentions. otherwise change the controls, mod the seat to you likeing (some of those seats ar kinda fat IMO) put some good tires on and GO RIDE!!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
pigglywiggly said:
I really dont like the super wide handlebars or the brake handle that keeps slipping.

Must have been some Harley influence on those older bikes.
That's one of the first things i noticed after riding my '02 650r, and then taking my '82 Xl500 for a scoot.
Those are some w i d e bars!
Never bothered me before, but after riding something from this century.....WOW!
And that wide seat too!
Well, it sorta matches MY wide seat HA HA! :laugh:

Top Bottom