irhxcbcziuzxs

Aug 26, 2007
Alright, Ive moved on from what I had talked about earlier to comparing, and wondering which is better between tech 7's and Gaerne's SG10's..

I wear a size 12 shoe, but i have rediculously wide feet, high arch, and they also happen to be flat.

Trying on the Tech 7's were pretty comfortable, in size 13 at least. The upper part of the boot kind of dug into my leg though, and when i walked the right book would bend in and push against my foot, only on the right though...

Trying on a size 12 Tech 7, it fit, but it was only 5 minutes until my foot started hurting from the tight fit

1. Am I the only one who seems to go up a size when it comes to boots?

Anyways, I tried on the Tech 8's as well, size 13 and the 8's just were not as comfortable...

I looked over and seen Gaerne's SG10's, not much difference in the price, so i tried them on, maybe not as comfortable as the Tech 7's, but i hear the Gaerne offers more protection? My feet are important to me, as i rolled my ankle in acting class and it never healed. Anyways, all the signs seem to point to Gaerne in terms of reliability and saftey.

I just found some on close out for 289 as well, so question 2...

2. What is a good recommended boot color, I see that some people have complained about getting black? I ride a kdx but i plan on wearing white,black,grey colors. Does this really matter?

and 3.

3. I never tried on a size 12 of Gaerne, and im not sure if i really need too, unless someone thinks otherwise...what do you think?

Thanks!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you have all those issue with boot fit go to a dealer / accessory shop and try on boot until you find "THE" one because they all fit and feel different.

As far a color that is also a person choice thing, I don't do white boots because I'm not a GWB kinda' guy.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's a reference to White Boots.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Pat means Non hetero-sexual white boot. Surprised it did not show up in you search, lol.

FWIW, I have the SG-10s in black and am very happy. I find them extremely comfortable, and they were also pretty quick to break in. Got a good price on sale at motosport outlet, but that was a few years ago. They are a great combo of protection, comfort and value, IMO. Some of my buddies have them too and they are equally pleased.

irhxcbcziuzxs

Aug 26, 2007
I found a size 13 for 289 + 10 for shipping from a place thats doing a close out, does anyone know where i might be able to get the SG-10s for cheaper?

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I have a size 12 EEE foot but my SG-10's are a size 11. The Gearne's fit my foot way better than Tech 8's. For what it's worth, my boots are black.

friar tuck

Feb 9, 2006
I intended to buy the Tech 8s three years ago, but while I was trying them on, saw the SG10s. I thought the Gaerne's were much more comfortable, and easier to get in/out of. Mine have held up very well, and I like them very much.

Keep in mind though, that my previous pair of boots were those old leather High Points with the silver metal on the front. :)

Top Bottom