ryanbranscum

Mar 2, 2007
Hey everyone I'm new on the site and I think it is really cool! I just bought a 2003 RM250 and I love it. It has a PC full exhaust system and a tooth added to the rear sprocket. I ride mostly MX tracks.. My question is what are the best ways to add power throughout the powerband. It has been awhile since I have had a 2 stroke bike so any help will be appreciated!! Thanks

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I had the Mo-better done to my bike, I run race fuel, the difference was very noticeable. Smoother hit, more torque, longer topend. I am waiting for my 265 kit to get here now. Porting is the best engine mod in my opinion.

Good luck, Steve.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
snb73 said:
Porting is the best engine mod in my opinion.

:cool:
I was impressed with the performance of the V Force intake system too. (but not as effective as porting)

ryanbranscum

Mar 2, 2007
I have heard porting causes reliability problems..? any truth to this....also if I bought the v force reed system alone, would I notice a increase in low to mid rpm range...have you ever tried the scary fast power now intake blade? Thank you for any info!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Idiot porting cause problems,yes! Porting for flow and changing port timing are 2 different mods. Heads can be changed and pistons is about it,for mx. Reeds are for throttle response,carbon hit harder than fiberglass. Slap a good name on a hunk of crap and plug your carb and what??? Not seen no dyno on the blade restrictor,just don't know what it is after,hit more on bottom through restriction and take away top would be my guess. Stock bike,tuned properly and few people could use its potential!

ryanbranscum

Mar 2, 2007
Another thing....I noticed my bike is spitting out of the exhaust, theres spatter on my rear fender...that's running rich correct...any jetting suggestions... I love the bike the powerband hits so hard...thanks

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
Call Eric for the Mo-Better porting, you won't regret it. Porting is the best bag for your buck as far as engine mods.

http://www.forwardmotion.com.mx/index.html

You are getting a bit of "spooge" on your fender. Post your current jetting, sparkplug, fuel/oil ratio and what oil your using. Jetting isn't hard.

Good luck, Steve.

Top Bottom