Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I would have to say after seeing Billy ride last year and again this year there was a drastic difference, WAY faster. I was a little shocked to see him pass Dubach then stay right on his tail for both motos.

GSR was also a HUGE suprise she has made big gains over the year.

Blackhawk is definately faster than the last time I rode with her.

Gomer was much faster than I thought too....

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I didn't see anyone ride last year but saw most everyone improve during the week this year. Billy, pffffft, it was just the helmet that made him look fast!:)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Even though I wasn't there, I would have to pick Gospeedracer. From the first time I rode with her at Gorman to our last ride in Big Bear, :scream: Wow, what an improvement. :thumb:

Remember the big concrete block at Gorman Speedie?? :)

Ol'89r

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Remember it?! If I close my eyes I can still see it coming at me! :confused:

Not trying to be biased or anything but I'm amazed at the speed/skill TTRGuy has picked up and he's only been riding for just over 2 years. I heard a couple of comments about him on that TTR. If he can ride like that on a TTR just imagine what he could do on a bike that wasn't a total tank! ;)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Not trying to be biased or anything but I'm amazed at the speed/skill TTRGuy has picked up and he's only been riding for just over 2 years.
Thats true.... He has gotten a lot better... we both started riding about the same time, you should have seen us at Muenster 2.5 years ago.... we had both just begun riding... talk about spodely. But hey, we had fun then and we still do right Eddie?

"this thing will burn for days" (right Eddie?) :thumb:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I thought that Eddie and I were evenly matched the last time we rode. Guess not, as soon as we got into the woods he was gone.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Scar kicked butt on his rides, I was surprised to see him go that fast on the track. We rode the track before and he didn't seem too confident but after a week there, he smoked right along.:thumb:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Yeah,

I have to say that Eddie and tim both have stepped up a notch or two.
If TTrguy gets a real bike for next year, look out in the team H/S, that first place plaque will be ours! :aj:

But he also has to work on his prerace routine a little, I mean staying up till 3:30 am before a race at 9:00 am is just a little excessive, I say you have to be in bed at least by 3. That extra 30 minutes will take at least 5 to 10 seconds off your race results! :moon:

bundy

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Doh - Hmmm.. to take as a compliment or just a reminder of how slow I was last year at this time :(

My vote goes to Smitty even though its been 2 years since I last rode with him. Goofy Okie (not THE Okie) went and did got hisself real fast, even on them there MOTORCROSS tracks :)

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I forgot.... Hands down the most improved rider in my book was The Kid. When he grows into that bike he will be scary fast! He did get to ride Billy's 450 also and handled it really well.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
PK ! Did you see that guy ROCK this year ! He rode with Heart last year and a clapped out 86? CR500. Air was never seen under his tires and this year.... He shows up on an updated CR500. :yeehaw:
Was he haulin or what in the woods.... and what was all that empty space I saw under his tires in the Clash of the Titans? Next year who knows... He may be schooling Billy :thumb:

Last edited:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Scar kicked butt on his rides, I was surprised to see him go that fast on the track. We rode the track before and he didn't seem too confident but after a week there, he smoked right along.:thumb:

Thanks for the Kudos! I felt quite spodely on the track when we first got there, It's amazing what you can pick up in a week of solid riding.

I'd have to vote for Bundy and TTR in the woods.

I knew bundy was fast in the desert and all around but OH MY GAWD! The man is sick in the trees :worship: I guess it helps to know he can knock down the 4" thick trees rather than have to bounce off them like the rest of us :flame:

TTR Also lit it up on his big heavy tank in the trees. Very surprising in a good way.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Can I be most improved at DW03 if I manage to make the week without crutches? :)
I get my toes nailed back together tomorrow. :scream:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Aw shucks, Ed.....

If you compare my guess's from DRN versus reality Elk was the biggest surprise. I was expecting a lot less speed, Elk can move.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by MrMXer327
PK ! Did you see that guy ROCK this year ! He rode with Heart last year and a clapped out 86? CR500. Air was never seen under his tires and this year.... He shows up on an updated CR500. :yeehaw:
Was he haulin or what in the woods.... and what was all that empty space I saw under his tires in the Clash of the Titans? Next year who knows... He may be schooling Billy :thumb:

Yeah! We took PK out for a "training" trail ride on Monday at the 500 and he was so inspired by the Cannondale that he just stepped it up a knotch and Lou was the recipeint of a huge can of whipa$$!!! :p

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
thanks :)I think it may be another year or two before I'm schooling Billy.:confused:
My vote would go to speedy. She looked loads more comfortable on her bike from last year.:thumb:

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
I dont know how Fred T rode last year but I was MOST Surprised by how fast that guy can ride. The Michigan boys were calling him Factory Fred and it was for REAL. He rocketed into first place in the MX race and left me like I was tied to a tree in the woods.

Fred you are DA MAN :worship:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Can I be most improved at DW03 if I manage to make the week without crutches?

Tony - I think you're a shoe in :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You're into one liners lately, huh Rich!?:)

Smitty, cut it out, I'm surprised you saw me at all, cause I was BEHIND you! Damn Smitty.:):moon:

Top Bottom