jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
Ok, let me lay it down....Safe jumps, bypasses all around jumps, hard packed terrain, electric for campers, powerwasher available, small parts counter (LOTS OF HONDA PARTS!!!), hotdogs, hamburgers and coffee, pond to swim in if it gets too hot, watered track, bon fires allowed and only 1/2hr north of Hurricane Hills. I'll be there all weekend the 4th of July. Ed Montross is a great MX host and always welcomes new riders at his track. I will definitely be stopping at the local firework warehouse to light up the night as well. Anyone wanting to better their skills are welcome to join me as I will personally have one on ones with anyone who asks for help. Cornering, jumping, starts or line choosing, whatever you need help with I will do my best to make you a better rider before the weekend is over. I go to Montrose PA every year for the 4th and would like to see more of my fellow brethren out there this year. Great family atmosphere and wouldn't you know it, you can actually see the stars at night, not like in NJ! LOL.

http://www.mx573practicetrack.com/aboutus.htm

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Joe. I moved this over here since you may not get much response from the guys in Michigan. Again, I can't make it this year. My son might be down but I haven't talked to him about it. He is there every few weeks to practice.

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
Hey, thanks! I hope he shows up. Last year was pretty good. I just got a 92 CR500 to play with and can't wait to break her in, she's a real cherry!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, it does look good for now. That track can still be fun in the mud though...at least that's what I always told myself ;)

My son won't be able to make it, he's going to Alex Bay on the 4th with some friends.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
And Dave won't make it, because he gets tired just looking at his bike these days.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I still get out but a lot closer to home. I went for a ride behind my house last Thursday after work and got caught in one hell of a thunderstorm but I was deep in some old growth pines and oak trees and didn't realize it was raining and hailing until I popped out in a field. It had been getting dark but really started getting darker and I had to stop every once in a while to check my GPS to make sure I was even on the right trail. I was running on pure adrenaline since I was alone, I had 3 miles to get back home, the creek was rising and I could barely see where I was going.

I gotta say I had a blast though :)

Top Bottom