MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Not sure where to start, but I just got back from riding with my MX-Tech forks and shock.  I know some will see this as DRN nepotism, but it's not because if I wasn't happy, I'd be e-mailing or calling Jeremy instead of typing this review. 

This isn't going to be real technical, I can't keep up with the suspension gurus, but I know what I felt.

I now know what everyone has been talking about.  I will never modify a thing on the engine of a new bike until after I have had the suspension work done.   I had already done the springs last year, so I'm only comparing the differences between the valving. 

The biggest single thing I noticed is how well the suspension handles big hits.  Very early in the day I realized that I could trust the bike much more not to do anything funky on sketchy landings.  I just plain quit worrying about the landings.  There is a huge tabletop (90 footer) that I have been reluctant to jump because if I landed just short of the downslope, I'd suffer a crushing blow.  Not anymore.  The bike just soaked up the punishment, which gave me the confidence to clear the jump today.   The rough chop and normal little hits just don't exist, no more Yamaha mid-stroke harshness.  The bike is much smoother. 

I have made some small adjustments to the clickers (2 in on the fork rebound and 1 in on the shock) and I could feel the differences that these small adjustments made.  Jeremy provides an excellent tuning guide (also has a link to it on his website) which really helps you to feel and understand what is happening. 

If you are thinking about it, do it and call MX-Tech. :thumb:

Top Bottom