Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
you may remember the pics from the Marquette enduro? Well yesterday fatherandson and my self went for a ride and if was my turn to lead so I was out front having a good time. I went around a left hand turn, hit the gas and WHOOM! I was cleaned off the bike and laying on the ground bleeding from the nose again. There was a amall tree bent over the trail that I NEVER SAW and hit it face first. The turn was into direct sun and I must have bee blinded or looking down too much but that was a surprise. The nose looks like I'm a prize fighter and the face is cut a bit and my neck is pretty sore.

My bike had it tough too. When I got it home to wash it I found the sub frame was bent and the silencer was bent into the tire a bit. I guess when I let her go she hit the right side. I tore it down and got it all straightened out with a torch and a 2 pound pursuader.

That was a new experience for me and one that hoipe not to repeat. I'm OK though and thanks to Mike for a paper towel on the trail and picking up my bike while I cleared the bell towers out.

I don't know how those boxers can do this, it was just like getting punched in the face bare fisted.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
OUCH Fred! Sounds like you took a real nasty one there buddy, one of those type that you dont soon forget (I dont know why but the ones that TOTALLY blind sided me are also the most memorable - like HOW THE HECK DID I DO THAT :yikes: ). I hope your healing ok and back at it soon!! :thumb:
Also glad to hear that sweet EXC is healing fine ;)
Woodsy
Oh, and THANKS Mike for coming to our FREDT's aid - we only have one of him you know :cool:

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
You know how they say follow your nose, but maybe you should start doing the opposite. Good thing it was just your face that got messed up and nothing important. It's the ones you don't see that really clean your clock! Seriously, I hate getting popped in the nose and I think there is only one other place I would not want to get hit more than my nose. My old may would always say "Just punch him in the nose" and I think he knew what he was talking about.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Wow! Sounds like you had better cut some more foam outta your seat to help you get under them branches.

Sounds like it could have been much worse. Glad to hear you are OK.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
new name at work

When I went to work today my manager named me "meatloaf"

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Fred, glad your OK!
Maybe you should try a road helmet with a sheild until the nose heals up!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Check out the new Thor helmet with built-in nose guard...

While a large limb is still going to clock you, it'll help stop the little branches from slicing up your nose.

Attachments

• ThorHelmet.JPG
    ThorHelmet.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 142

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll just get a mask like Rip Hamelton from the Pistons wore. :yikes:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey Meatloaf,

I can smile aboutit now, but it was not a funny scene. The bike going one way and FredT rolling backwards down the trail yelling my &^$%*&*&^ nose. By the time I got my bike parked, there was a pretty good pool of blood on the ground. My first thought was...good thing we just crossed a major road in case Fred needed immediate attention. The paper towel got his face cleaned up. I asked if he was ready to quit as we had a good ride completed already. HELL NO! was the response. We "modified" the tree and kept riding.

FYI. Those who are attending Trailfest will ride the same trail...maybe in a different direction...do not worry the tree will be taken care of "permanently" before Saturday morning.

Glad the tree knocked you down, BUT NOT out Freddie!

E T

Apr 1, 2004
it sure did... he said he just took a shower and "cleaned up" and had me take this picture.. :eek:

Attachments

• dadfacesfja.JPG
    dadfacesfja.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 91

E T

Apr 1, 2004
Smit-Dog said:
Check out the new Thor helmet with built-in nose guard...

While a large limb is still going to clock you, it'll help stop the little branches from slicing up your nose.

i told my mom we should get him a noseguard for christmas. :laugh:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Fred, you want a hot apple pie with that Hamburger? :laugh:
I am sorry buddy, now that I know you are truely ok (proven by you having ET snap a pic) I had to toss that out!
Woodsy

Nestrick

Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 6, 2003
Hey Fred

While we have yet to meet in person ... that picture of you makes me want to reconsider such interactions should they occur after dark! Wow ... I've seen better looking folks on signs in the post office. I have to ask though ... what did the tree look like after you gave it such a blow with your face?

Considering you recently reported that you have installed a "Rekluse" auto-clutch and even recommended that I get one to counter my poor riding skills ... is this incident either directly, or perhaps indirectly, related? I believe that Woodsy has mentioned to me that you ride considerably faster with this modification ... so, I'm just wondering if you really did get a "Rekluse" or perhaps, you got one of the knock-offs marketed under the "Reckless" brand name? Better check ...

Glad to hear and see you are OK ... you either have to slow down or duck faster in the future if you want to keep that handsome face intact!

terry nestrick :eek:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
INCA said:
Fred T - If you send me a post office address at INCAKTM@yahoo.com, I'll have some letters that spell 'meatloaf' for your EXC.
Young Ted

That was funny Ted! :laugh: :moon:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
woodsy said:
Hey Fred, you want a hot apple pie with that Hamburger? :laugh:

No but I'll supersize the fry and drink though! :rotfl:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I just broke up a fight at school and you looked worse then both of them put togother.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
With the blond highlights, look more like ya spent some time in a mosh pit! You're still a pretty boy in my book though...

And I take it that it was your "old" bike that took the crash.... Kinda like the ol' steed who finds out he's being sent to the glue factory, and clocks his owner with a low hanging branch...

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Alright we need to get something straight here. Fred wants everyone to think he did it riding so what REALLY happen does not get back to his wife Becky so everyone here is sworn to secretacy.

Let me explain. I hope everyone know what Deja Vu is if not it is a gentlemans club(i.e. a place where guys like to go shoe shopping, Thats all thats left where the dancers are done with their two song set so I'm told) Anyways Deja Vu have started a ladies night so Fred decided bring back his Disco moves and thought he could make some extra money for his 05 KTM and went to work as a male stripper. His first time on stage went well and I think he told me he brought in .76 cents but his second time on stages did not go so well. While preforming to his faverorite Barry Manollow song Fred went for the upside down pole side move but his hands were still greasy form the baby oil rub down to make his butt look tighter and he lost his grip went face down and landed on his nose. Now thats the rest of the story.

Napper

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Napper.. :| :| :| ...what are we going to do with you?

You know E T is on here? She's going right to MomT with this one! And when Fender reads it, this'll injure him so bad he'll probably really screw up his first semester at Tech and switch to a BS in Water Polo, or worse yet, become a lawyer!>

:laugh: :laugh:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
michman said:
and he lost his grip went face down and landed on his nose. Now thats the rest of the story.

Napper

:ohmy:

Yep, I can see how that could happen. That sounds like a pretty dangerous occupation. Hey, isn't that place right down the street from where you work? Maybe you could swing by there tomorrow and put some skateboard grip tape on that pole so Freddie doesn't get hurt anymore.

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Hey Napper, with all this information it sounds like you were in attendance for his live performance. So tell us, did you plunk down three quarters or a penny for his performance :joke:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
BadgerMan Maybe you could swing by there tomorrow and put some skateboard grip tape on that pole so Freddie doesn't get hurt anymore.[/QUOTE said:
That grip tape will help with traction, you'll just have to really watch where you put it. On another reverse pole move, if it's up too high.....ouch!!!

Top Bottom