My Son crashed bad...needs your prayers...

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
He was at a track 1 1/2 hour away today. (BTW he's 17) Missed a big double and snapped all 3 bones in his leg. he had to be choppered to the trama center in our town.
The total damage is a Broken femur and both lower bones are broken at the ankle. No joint damage, no broken ankle. No other damage, just the leg.
He has traction pins in now and tomorrow (monday) will go into surgery and have a rod inserted in the femur and a rod or plate in one of the lower bones.
We will keep you posted as to the outcome.
Thanks
Andrew Wilson

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
From one dad to another, my sons and I hope for a speedy recovery.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Andrew,

Sorry to hear about your son. I have a friend recovering from a broken femer. Your son being young should recover quickly. We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Let him know that the DRN crew wishes him a speedy recovery.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Hope all is well and everything heals up nice. Hope you find the strength in your prayers and the determination in your heart to come back twice as strong.
Strength in God and hope will always overcome any and all obstacles if you want it too!

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
Thank you all very much

Did me good to wake up and see the replies. Great group here. It will do Pat good to read the posts when he gets home. My wife spent the night with him. I needed to take care of his sister (she saw the crash, really shook her up)
Thanks again and God bless.
Andy

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I feel for you. Everytime my son rides I worry he'll break something. Luckily it's been over 15 years and he has only broken 2 bones while riding. My prayers are with you and you son for a speedy recovery.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Prayers on the way.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
He's in our prayers.

needsprayer

Oct 24, 2001
Andrew,

I will include your son in my daily prayers. I would like to share an idea that I have put in practice. I lead an exercise class at my church on Saturdays. It is a Pray and Exercise class and invites the Holy Spirit to join us in exercise to work on specific needs. One young lady is recovering from a gunshot accident resulting in her left arm being partially paralyzed. The prayers and exercise are strengthening and revitalizing the nerves and muscles. Slow and steady improvement is occuring and hope is strong.

Encourage your son to include prayer with his recovery exercises.

Agape

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Keep the Sprits up

Andrew, Keep the spirits up. Through prayer we all have a direct link to the Master Physician. A good and uplifting spirit will help the situation. Also tell the Doctors you are praying for them, I think it makes a difference.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

BTW What track was he riding at?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Sorry to hear it. LWil is always real enthusiastic and I hope he recovers quickly.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
having a son the same age who thinks he is indestructable I live with that very fear.
My prayers are with you and your son for his recovery. :) Don't forget to give thanks (it could have been much worse)

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Your son will be in our prayers. From helping another kid that had a major head trama, I know what you are going through.

Just don't let it scare him from riding again.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I'm praying. I'll also be thanking my Lord God that your son (what's his name) is still alive. I've got a friend who does downhill ski races, she hit a snowmaker (9 months ago) at top speed and shattered her femur. She's racing again

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
My father used to joke that, with kids, if you could get both ends of the bone in the same room, they'd heal. :D

Please have him post when he's feeling up to it.

How's your daughter doing? How old is she? My 12 year old seemed rather shook up by my last one, but I'd rather it was me than him.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Andrew.

Sorry to hear about your sons get off.

Kids are pretty tough. My grandson had a pretty bad one not too long ago. He landed in the middle of four downed riders on the back side of a jump at Perris. He augered in pretty good and broke his forearm.

He never shed a tear until him and his dad were on the way to the hospital and his dad looked over at him and said; "Well son, are you ready to quit this crazy sport yet?"

My grandson got big aligator tears in his eyes and said; "No daddy, please don't make me quit."

He has come back with a vengance. He is faster than he ever was and jumps things that scare the hell out of me.

Damn kids anyway.;)

Ol'89r

Last edited:

awilson40

Apr 13, 2001
Quick stop home.

And your words are a big help. Pat's 17 his sister is 15. I'm so proud of both of them They both kept such level heads. Shannon checked him into the hospital and had most of the info off the top of her head. The whole way to the emergency room Pat was worried about how his sister was holding up and us having to make the trip to get him. You find out how strong your faith is when things like this happen,and yes... We are fery thankful, it could be a lot worse. He goes into surgery in an hour or so. A nail up through the knee to fix the femur and nails in both lower bones, if possible. They might use external fixation if it looks like he has a lot of growth left. Also, The Dr. says this will not keep him out of the military!!! he has plans on going into the Air Force and Then FBI. The Drs. will release him fully for military duty.
I will update later.
Thanks again and God Bless.
Andy

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Praying for a speedy recovery

and best of luck to him with his future plans :cool:

Top Bottom