kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
I can't get my 92 kx to idle i've installed new float, float valve, reed valves, intake boot, idle screw, air screw and tryed every jetting combo possible. still nothing.

I have sneaking suspicion that my idle screw is to short. I don't think its contacting the slide. The only way i can get it to idle is to take the spring out and turn the screw all the way in with out it. So if some one could measure their idle screw that would be wicked sweet :cool:

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
you should be able to take the carb off, and look through the air boot side ,and see if it moves the slide up or down ,while turning the idle screw
then take the slide out look at the slide ,and the screw to see if there are ware marks
if the slide is worn you might need a longer screw
i wouldnt buy a new stock screw, until i found out if the slide is wore, it would do the same thing

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
well the old screw didnt work... and that one ended up vibrating out, so i bought a new screw plus the spring, and it still didnt work and while looking in it doesnt do anything untill all the way in without the spring... so im going to pull the slide out and check that out and get back. and it is the stock slide to

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sounds more like you may have a different carb? If it does not reach in far enough to hold the slide up? Are you sure another spring is not embedded in there already?

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
nope its the stock keihin PWK39... Its got the stock slide also. And it has no old hardware stuck in there. The screw itself is threaded into the carb and then there is a 10mm nut locking it on. Then a spring between the nut and the head of the screw. if i take the spring out it will idle. That's why i think the screw is to short. The PWK39 also came on the cr500. The slide doesn't look warn where the screw should contact it and i'd think it would have to be pretty belligerently warn before it would get to the point of were its at.

So if someone could measure there idle screw from a keihin pwk39 that would be AWESOME! thanks :cool:

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
Yea, I got the shabang through ronayers, they seem to be always cheeper than bike bandit. But it still doesnt work.

I gues i got to find some one with the same carb that idles and compare them.

kdx175

Sep 7, 2004
my buddy just got a 08 ktm144 and i gues thats got a pwk39 and it idles so im going to give that a checking out...

Top Bottom