Need Help! 1998 KTM 300 EXC-Ignition System

lnzhutt42

Apr 3, 2003
I have a 1998 300EXC I bought from a dealership about 2 years ago. I've had no major problems with the bike except for the suspension. I always popped the fork seals. A while ago I put forks from a 1990 250 SX on my 1998 300EXC. This past weekend a friend was thrashing around on my bike and crashed. The triple clamp from the 250 SX does not have stoppers to stop the forks from hitting the frame. So when he crashed the forks hit the ignition box and cracked it a little & almost ripped the back fender in half he said it did fire up again after that but only for a second . So My question to you is How do I test that little black box to see if thats the reason why I'm my bike's not firing up. I also took the stator cover off and a whole bunch of water came out. I checked the spark plug and cleaned the carburator in side and out and everything looked good. Where do I begin to trouble shoot this problem? How do i check for spark & what other tests can i perform on my bike? Im learning to do my own repairs and have all the tools can i fix this problem without money?

Hollister Hills Rider
Lynsey Huttlinger

Top Bottom