a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Tell me you're kidding. Contact your local P.D. and give him that VIN. It's stolen, tell him you were going to buy this bike and you checked the VIN. Get on it right away, you could help a fellow dirt biker get his ride back. NOW!!!! Looks like it's a military guys bike, help him like they help us.
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I see by your profile that you already have a 2000 YZ250, I hope it isn't the one you are asking about. I also see that you just joined here at DRN, and I hope that you will use this info the right way and not a fishing expedition for a buddy. Let me know what happens. You can email me at work if you want and I can help further.
Elk
By the way, the VIN you gave me has two letters changed around, it's JYACG not JYAGC.
cmarzocca@chp.ca.gov

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
He has those "special powers"
From a "special computer database"

You wanna explain 454, I didn't want to call you a cop or something that you arn't. All I know is he is in "Public Service" and from what I have seen he does a damn good job

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
no, I was just curious how a "new member" knew who to ask... :think I also found it odd that someone would post this for everyone and their bother to see, instead of e-mail or pm.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well many members lurk before joining, could have picked up on that by reading threads, this isn't exactly a high security website ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I believe that I had helped identify another bike in another thread and he had asked in that thread also about the year. I hope that he will use this info correctly and turn the bike over or turn in who he got it from. I've posted my email previously and will post it again. I do anything I can to help get bikes back to their rightful owners and follow through with the arrest and prosecution if able. I don't hide that fact that I work autotheft for the Highway Patrol or at least I don't feel I need to hide it. Any DRNers that know me and have ridden with me know that I love to ride and like to take care of my fellow dirtriders, plain and simple. I'm not a jerk with an attitude, actually the attitude appears when I catch a low life with a stolen bike. That chaps my hide!!

Anyway, I don't mean to ramble on, sorry! Here's my email for anyone that needs it. Cya

cmarzocca@chp.ca.gov

Elk

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Cool, so you can find my Schwinn? It's a charcoal gray MTB, and it was stolen from in front of the mall in '88. Thanks! ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah, I found it, but it's pink with purple stripes now and they threw on a big bananna seat. Hope you still want it back! LOL :silly:
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Oh Zio sorry I now know what you meant, and I was kinda wondering the same thing I just didn't want to say anything, nor accuse anyone

I just hope it wasn't someone seeing if it was okay to sell a recently stolen bike. Or now they know not to sell it, just instead chop it and throw it in a river:ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ridr, that is one of the downfalls, chance I take sometimes. Hopefully it's not that, but it is a Yamaha and they make great anchors!! :)
Elk

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I can vouch for the elk being a good guy. Heck, he's so normal, I tell cop jokes in front of him because I forget!:p
Elk, I think it's great how you're always willing to help out your fellow DRNers, and you would be the first person I would seek out if I was suspicious about any vehicle.;)
'boy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks boy, always nice to hear some thanks. Even though you ride that orange beast, I'll help ya! :) Hope this peanut guy does the right thing with the info, we'll see. Anytime you need a rope around the waist, let me know!!! Cya
Elk

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Looks as though Peanut has left the building. We shall see.
Elk

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
So Elk you do have the resources to find out whether this guy returned the bike ? And if he didn't we can pretty much tell it's in a parts bin:ugg:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah I do and I'll check Monday. Like I said before, it's a risk passing on the info I get but normally it pays off for everyone.
Elk

Peanut

Jan 1, 2002
Ok, I almost got burnt on that deal. How are you suppose to know if a bike you are buying is legitimate or not? They don't come with titles do they?

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Did you call the authorities on this guy? Hopefully the guy who actually worker hard for that bike can get it back. And everybike I have ever purchased has had a title. I think they all should. I get kind of suspicious when someone says "its a race bike they don't have them" or"I lost in a move" Just make sure you run all the numbers first.

ps, DID YOU CALL THE COPS?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom