bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK so i have finally given in and decided to buy a mobile phone.

I am thinking of getting a cingular nationwide plan since they have free roaming etc and good rates. has anyone had experience with them, or has anyone any suggestions of other good carriers.... more precisely, which of the different carriers give the best reception arround the local riding areas (eg anywhere off the 15 freeway). the main reason for having a phone is to let her indoors know i am safe (or not) when out riding, but if the phone doesnt work at the tracks or in the dez then the whole exercise is pointless if you know what i mean!

later

bruce

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
My wife and son have cingular and we hate it. I can't tell you the number of times that all the circuits are busy and no calls can come in or out. I use the Nextel at work and it seems pretty good. They have some good plans too and you and your wife can have two phones that can talk back and forth like a walkie talkie. My advice is to stay away from Cingular!
Elk

f4iguy

Feb 17, 2002
PCS is good if you're just gonna be using it in the city, the coverage sucks. I've had no problems with Verizon and their coverage is the best when you get out into the deserts.

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
I've got Verizon, and have had very few problems with them. Occasionally a call will go directly to voice mail or a voice mail won't show up right away, but thats about it. Seems to get reception just about everywhere. As for riding areas I get good reception all the way up the 15 to Vegas. I've got a Nextel phone for work that I bring along as a back up just in case, that seems to get good reception as well.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
I had it down between verizon and ATT, i think i will go for verizon since i heard from a newspaper test that they had best receptions

thanks guys

bruce

Top Bottom