little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
I had my carb bored out by RB Designs out of Portland Ore. Ron is a really super nice guy. I was told by him that i should be running the DDK needle, or at hotter temps or higher altitudes, the CEJ needle. I tended to get a lot of spooge with the stock NOZH needle, even with the clip in the 2nd from top position. With the DDK needle with the clip on the 2nd from top position, I hardly get any spooge at all. Maybe I should've tried the other needle I had, NOZI. What do you guys think? I know, this question has been probably asked a million times. Ron at RB Designs bored my carb out to 39mm, put in a divider plate on the exit side of the carb, which really helped the low end hit, cleaned up the pilot circuit, and got me pretty close on the jetting. My pilot jet is a 42, my mainjet is a 178, and a DDK needle. I run Dumonde Tech DTP synthetic at 40:1. Any other good possibilities?
Thanks Jeff

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I would try a cek or cej at#3 or #4 and you mighjt want to try the ddk at #3. the ddk is richer above 3/8 throttle than the cek but slightly leaner at 1/8 to 1/4. JD is on vacation so when he gets back he will probably have some input as well.

enmerdeur

Feb 10, 2002
I use the NOZI #2 and still get spooge. Like the power delivery with the NOZ series needles and just live with the spooge. I tried the N3EJ needle but could never get it to rip on top like te NOZ needle. It had nice low end and mid but nothing on top.

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
Enmerduer,
I would agree with you on the needles, I had the same experience with the stock YZ needle, smoothed out the power, great low end, but no top end, no more hit. I like the hit and switched back to the stock needle and jet settings. Now the spooge issue, I have it too. I have heard to switch to the Mobil 1 two stroke oil is a cure. :thumb:

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
I too had the flat spot on the top end with the cej @ #2, but I went to a 170 main jet from a 165 and it solved the problem! (EXC 300) We ride 3500-4000 feet. I really like the feel of this needle! I think 79 mph on the top is plenty for me.

James Dean

May 17, 2000
Start with clip DDK#3 or #4 and a richer #45 pilot before going leaner. The main is probably close to good.

Expect an increase in power at DDK#3. If you have an '02 KTM, start with a #48 pilot jet first.

James

See www.JDJetting.com

Top Bottom