Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I've had my KDX for about a week now and I absolutely LOVE IT! I'm just coming back into the sport after about a 15 year hiatus. I used to race a bit of motocross and let me just say that it is so much easier to ride this bike through the muck, ruts, roots and rocks of the New England woods than the 125cc motocrossers I used to own.

That being said, after a day of slogging through the mud I figured I better properly pack the suspension bearings. What a pain in the rump! I don't remember it being such a chore back in the day... How often do you guys do this most onerous of chores? My buddies and I used to pull our motocrossers completely apart every couple months, but I'm hoping it's not necessary with this bike.

BTW- I've been poking through this forum for a couple days now, great site - tons of info. It's going to take me a while to digest it all!

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I grease the shock linkage once or twice a season depending on how much I ride or how much water I ride through. By examining the wear it seems that that's quite adequate for my bike. I wonder how many KDXs out there never get the linkage lubed during the entire life of the bike?!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Use a high quality waterproof grease to give the bearings a fighting chance right from the start. Don't forget the steering head and swingarm too.

Waffle

Oct 19, 2004
I got the swingarm, I've put off the steering head for a winter project. I figure if the steering head gets submerged I'll have a long list of worries and lack of adequate lubrication will seem pretty trivial in comparison! ;)

BTW- It looks like you're a cactus Ed fan skipro3

Top Bottom