jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Ok!I just sold my 2002 Yz 125 fully decked out.I ride alot of steep hills and tough trails. I'm over 200lbs.The bike is real fast but lacks the low end grunt .It Needs to much clutch work.I just bought a mint stock KDX 200.On a straight line which bike is faster.So far on utube the 200 pulls it through all the gears?????Any experiences???

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Fast is only relative to the objects that are not moving as fast.:) The gearing on a KDX is much higher and spread out campared to a MX 125, so again, fast is only relative. The KDX is a tough trail bike to beat bone stock without spending the bucks for a KTM or modifying a MX 250.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Yea, the air cooled years cooked top ends because they ran so hot.The liquid cooled KDX is one of the most reliable 2strokes out there.That's why I bought one.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
I've owed older KDX's, are these the years you are referring about?up to 1989?I mean all air cooled is going to smoke a top end faster. KDX's don't rev to the moon like a yz or mx bike.So the top ends actually hold together very well compared to most 2strokes.

Top Bottom