johntt

Mar 29, 2002
17lbs. lighter with electric start?I highly doubt it.Electric start adds 5-10lbs so the total wgt. loss would have to be 22-27llbs. to be 17lbs. lighter than current model. I would hazard to guess wgt. on par with CRF without electric start and I would still wait a year til bugs were worked out.

BellevegasB

May 15, 2002
Why does everyone say the Yamaha is a heavy bike? I'm not arguing against that, nor am I taking either side, I'm seriously asking. I am about to buy my first bike (Honda XR650R) so I'm a newbie and don't know much, but I checked both sites and the CR is 225lb dry, the YZ 231lb dry. Doesn't seem like a big difference, and 231lb doesn't seem heavy anyway! Is this just b/c I'm about to buy a 277lb bike? Is 231lb really that heavy? Thanks for answering a dumb question that's been bothering me everytime I see someone call the YZ "heavy".

johntt

Mar 29, 2002
The corporate sites are not an accurate measure of wgt.I have seen actual running wgts.[all fluids except fuel] of 231-234lbs. for crf and 247 to 251lbs for yzf so real weight difference is minimum of 13lbs. and a max of 20lbs.I can feel the wgt. difference on a motocross track,which what these bikes are intended.[unlike 277lb. xr650 desert bike ].

Last edited:
Top Bottom