New Bike Prep fees

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
These set up fees are a scam, mostly. The manufacturers pay the dealers the cost of setup back. It's a big game out here, get a real low price for a bike then tack on $1100 is setup fees, or pay a higher price and pay $400 setup. Elk Jr. bought his bike from a dealer in Ohio, in the crate, deliverd to the door for $4000 even. They CAN sell them in a crate and having a dealer do the setup, no thanks! How many times have we all had to go through our bikes anyway and fix what wasn't done right the first time.
Elk

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by KDX'r in IN
After reading some of these posts I have new respect for my dealer

me too. i've been with the same dealer for about 12 years now. i get a fair price on bikes and a decent discount on parts and accessories. that's all i ask for and all i expect. when i buy a new bike, they tell me exactly how much i'm going to pay for it. it doesn't matter to me how they word the costs (freight, set-up, etc.). i could go to another dealer that could undercut them $100-200 but i would lose the discounts and the relationship that i have developed with them. there has been several times when i've had problems that they've immediately taken care of. none of that "bring the bike in on tuesday and we'll have it ready next week" baloney-sometimes without even charging labor. there have been times when i've gotten parts for cost because someone special-ordered them and never picked them up. it's nice to know that i get that consideration. what it amounts to is, i think you should pick a dealer that will work with you straight-up and then stick with them. it works for me.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well said mx :D Stick with someone that does you good.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom