mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I see afew of us have or are getting new bikes in the future.(Scar, Rmjeff and thumbs)
Well,I am happy to say that I have decided to join you and get a new ride also.:p
But I dont know what to get, so you guys help me out.
I have one of those vouchers from KTM that is good for 500.00 off on a new 300 MXC/EXC. And it just so happens that Malcolm Smith has one on sale for 4995.00, so minus the 500.00 and its 4500.00 for anew 02 300MXC.
What do you guys think?
I would rather have a 400/520 but they are over 7000.00 out the door!:mad: I have never paid that much for a bike.
The wife says dont worry about the money, get what I really want so she wont have to hear me wine and cry later about it. But 7000.00 is just insane dont you guys think?
Thought about a 450F, but that is 7000.00 also otd.
I dont know, i`m losing sleep over this.

Bundy

PS. Where did you guys find out how to buy a bike out of Canada?
Is there a listing of dealers somewhere that are willing to sell to us.
Any KTM dealers?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
www.ktm.at Search under Canada. I talked to the guys at Cycle Improvements about the 400exc.

I looked at the 400exc before settling on the WR250F. Like you I couldnt see spending the extra dollars for the bike.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
hey bundy:

i checked out lacyclesports when considering a crf and they were very cheap for so cal but they had just sold out! (sorry, not helping much). but i still think you can get them elseware (out of state) quite reasonably, but again a big pain! to get a good deal its gonna take effort no matter, so i would have a good look at canada.

at the end of the day, it really annoys me that at 95% of the dealers in this state that you have to pay $500-1500 for some bozo to take it out of the crate. i dont mind paying tax, but having to pay tax on the "bozo" fee really rubs salt into the wound!

i ended up buying used (nearly new) but i am riding now so i am very happy

good luck

bruce

SoCa DRZ-S

Oct 19, 2000
I've got to admit, I was impressed with how easy it seemed to be to buy a bike in Canada and have it shipped down here.

Since I'd been seriously thinking about getting a lighter bike, I started looking into it... well it didn't take long before I'd made a deal. I just picked up my new 02 wr250f yesterday morning.

It was extremely easy to do the deal. I think I dealt with a very good dealer in B.C. I picked it up at a depot five minutes from my house. It was a blast uncrating it and putting it together.

Overall a very painless experience. Now, if only I wasn't leaving for vacation Thursday, I'd actually be able to go riding.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom