JetEngineMech

Apr 24, 2006
Hello. I just bought a dirt bike for my 9 year-old twins and am looking to get as much out of it as I can. The registration says it's a PW50 but the stickers on it say YZ so I'm not sure what it is. It's a '98 Yamaha something! My wife and I ride a street bike but now we're anxious to get a dirt bike too! I'm in Winsted,CT and understand that there are some decent areas nearby to ride. Hopefully I'll be able to ride alongside my kids!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

I am going to hazard a guess that it is a PW50, which is good for kids to learn on, but it may be a bit small for 9 year olds. I gave my 5 year old grandson an XR50 for Christmas and expect him to be on an 80 by the time he is 9. They will enjoy will learning on the bike but should quickly outgrow it.

On another note ... Twins are TOTAL fun ... mine are 32.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

JetEngineMech

Apr 24, 2006
My twins are small for their age, they were premies (3lbs 7oz each) but I think they'll be ready for something a bit bigger soon. My wife and I have been riding a Sportster for a couple years now and after seeing the twins on the dirtbike we're both looking forward to getting on for ourselves and our older (14) son. We've had three wheelers before and they were a blast so I can only imagine a two-wheeler!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm not sure where Winstead, CT is but CT isn't that large, so check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

You live in New England and you have not ridden with these folks? Well then, pop in and say hello. They don’t bite and they are usually planning a ride somewhere.

Some of the finest folks on the site are just to your east in RI.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Welcome aboard. The confusion on your PW comes from the fact Yamaha put YZinger stickers on them for years to help market them towards people familiar with their YZ line of MX bikes.

Top Bottom