new kdx rider.. 125 got problems...

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
ok, i dont use my bike on track or nothing like that i use it on the street... its a 1993 kdx 125, my problem is, when i turn it off and leave it there it just throws a lot of my gas on the floor.... some guy told me that it has too much gas passing in... another problem that maybe has to do with the same thing is that when i'm going fast the bike go's off....that guy told me since the bike has so much gas passing that its not able to burn it all and chokes.. ihave to press the clutch and let it go for it to turn on again....., sorry i dont know much about terms....

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Make sure the choke isn't on, and check your float height(also, check the float needle for wear). Thats my best guess. If the float and needle is within spec then I dunno.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Try all the easy stuff first. Turn the tap off & pull the pipe off it. If it leaks you can buy a rebuild kit for it. Turn the tap off when not in use as a matter of course.

Pull the carb & clean inside with compressed air if you have it (never poke wire through orifices). Check float jet as above (you can test it with your finger lightly pushing the float up & the petrol hose connected to the tank).

While you have the hose off point the tap into a container & check that the tap when ‘on’ flow & continues for at least a minute, otherwise the cap vent may be blocked.

If you have a fuel filter check it is clean & not kinking the hose to the carb (this is a favourite because it is hard to see that the hose is crimped inside).

The tap has a filter inside the tank & I assume the 125 has a steel tank so perhaps corrosion may be blocking it.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
As indicated by Limitless, I would highly recommend replacing the "needle and seat". The needle is attached to the floats and controls the flow of gasoline into the float bowl. I am not sure that the seat (what the needle seals against) is easily replaced on your bike. If not, replace the needle and use a swab or other small device to clean and not damage the seat. Spray carb cleaner into all of the holes and orfices using the small red tube on the spray nozzle. This should prevent the carb from leaking gas on the floor when you are stopped and it should also make it run better (leaner).

B

Jun 29, 2000
wumember,

any chance you can post a pic of your bike?

Ive just been offered a complete rolling chassis and loads of other KDX125 bits for 100 pounds. Its a blue color and I wanted a couple of bits for my 200 but Im not sure whats the same.

B

Top Bottom