new member - looking for suspension advice

jrider

Mar 2, 2007
I'm a new member - I ride a 2002 Honda CR 125 - mostly on mx tracks here is Georgia, places like Talking Rock and Durhamtown. I have two sons with Honda CRF 50 & 70 that are fairly new to riding, ~1 yr experience. I want to do some suspension work on their bikes but I really have no idea what to do, who to talk too, etc. Is there a really strong suspension guy here on the forum that can make suggestions?

Thanks

KawiDave

Feb 3, 2005
jrider, I don't know that much about suspension, however like you I'm a dad with young kids and little bikes. As far as suspension work on the little bikes you might be hard pressed to get anything for them that would work for the kids. I found that upgrading to the "next" bike is probably the best bet. Once they are confident on what they have, put them on the next one. Don't be fooled by size either, my son went from a Yamaha PW80 to an RM65, he kind of turned his nose up at going with a smaller displacement until he let the clutch out and gave it a hit of throttle. Most of the upgrades for the little Honda's seem to be for adults on mini's.

atlj007

Feb 27, 2007
i am here local in Georgia, with a 5 yr old that is new to riding also..where do you guys ride at? I am in the Mcdonough/Locust Grove area south of Atlanta.

jason

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom