~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
You wanted to know so here it goes

Just to let you know what I was riding so you understand the comparison
I was riding a 2000 KDX 200 with stock suspension, FMF tork pipe TC II
Silencer, boysen reeds with tweaked needle and jets

We rode sixty miles today one of the first things I noticed was the bike
Definitely had more low-end power with a more better, mid range hit.
It was great not to be between second / third gear so much on the single-track trail.
Better power less shifting.

The suspension is totally awesome!
I have had trouble getting my old KDX to track through the whoops straight.
With the MX Tech suspension mods the bike floats through the whoops and stays on line.
The suspension is so much different / better it’s hard to believe.
At low speed the bike handled great in deep sand with little effort.

I’m really Happy with my new bike! :thumb:

There is one thing the needs to be changed the short people seat
Just a little two low for me. Sorry Fred. :)

Sparkey

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I must say that after reading your post I am anxious to get my suspension dialed in. I have the same year KDX and have never even messed with any "clicker" adjustments on mine. Did you revalve your suspension yourself? I weight about 155-160 lbs. How much do you weigh? I think that my fork springs are fine for my weight or should they be changed? I mainly ride tight twisting wooded trails here in WV. :thumb:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
The suspension on that bike was done by MX Tech.
The forks had :
1 .42 springs in them
2. Revalved with a midvalve added
3. Have rebound dampning adjustment added

The Shock:
1. Has the stock spring
2. Has the shock body hard anodized
3. Was revalved

Bushes, seals have all been replaced TWICE as the suspension was upgraded in 2 phases.

I'm glad you like it SPARKEY> It makes me happy to see her making some else smile. See ya on the trails soon!

kdx22097

May 16, 2001
I switched to a KDX200 after having a 220 and I like the 200 better. Both machines were all stock. I like the mid and top end the 200 has over the 220. I will admit the 200 doesn't have the bottom power of the 220.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
This bike is not even close to a stock 220 so maybe thats why.

jeffw

Nov 27, 2001
KDX1,
Mess with your clickers before sending your suspension out. It might be all you need. IMO, 11 out (stock) is not enough for the really rocky rooty trails like we have here in the Ozarks and what you probably face in WV.

I'm 18 out now with .38 racetechs and the difference from stock is substantial. (I'm 155 also). I know that's alot of clicks but we ride in unbelievably rocky conditions down here. I grew up riding in Wisconsin in mostly sandy conditions, alot like Michigan I imagine. 11 clicks out up there might be fine.

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
jeffw,
Thank you for the advice. You are right by saying that it is very rocky here like where you live. It depends where you go, right around here there are a few creek beds and when they are dry and sometimes wet I use them as a training aid. I figure that if I can ride these rocky and sometimes steep creek beds, then I can ride just about anywhere.
:cool:

Top Bottom