Jul 24, 2006
Ok, somebody please correct me if I am wrong but if i go through the voltage regulator from moose then i go through a bridge rectifier that is rated at handeling up to 30 amps then through a capacitor. would this stabilize the dc voltage enough to charge the battery? or am i going to toast something? this is only for lighting not for starting due to the fact that i amaking the bike street legal and have to have a charging system.

Jul 24, 2006
please? somebody help me. :( the reason for the capacitor is for a filter if you were wondering and i heard that it helps with the voltage drop from the rectifier. am i correft or was i lied to? :bang: :bang: :bang: :(

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
After passing AC current through a bridge rectifier, you still don't have a constant DC voltage. The current travels in one direction, but the voltage varies from peak to 0. A capacitor will store energy during the peak voltage and fill in the troughs to make a voltage that is more constant. The higher the load, the less of an affect the capacitor will have, though. It's not necesary for a charging circuit, but doesn't hurt.

Jul 24, 2006
ok after going through all this i found that after the regulator i go through the rectifier and my final output is around 8 volts due to voltage drop accrost the rectifier bridge this sux!!! think that the lights wil stay on for 20 min off just the battery dont care if the voltage dropes not like that inhibites me from kicking it to start lol i put in a dual power system that allows it to run off the battery when the switch is in one possition and in the other possition it can run off the ac i just have to show that it can runn off the battery lol so i think that i can trick them durring the inspection as long as they dont pull appart my harness that i made

Top Bottom