marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well i recieved my dennis Kirk "off-road" 2002 catalog. They have a new skid plate from Tag. They say it is higher than normal skidplates. Im thinking about getting one. Is there any info online about it?. Looks pretty nice to me!!!

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
well thanks everyone..lol

I ordered it yesterday and it is on 3 week back order. I will let you know how everything looks and how heavy it is when i get it.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
senior kx rider..I too did a search for a site and saw nothing.

I ordered it from the "off-road" 2002 Dennis Kirk catalog, i think you can order it from their website. www.denniskirk.com

Last edited:

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Check it out!!!

MX-GRID_06a.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How do they justify the claim that it is "higher" than other skid plates? :think: The way it mounts looks like most I have seen. What kind of pricing do they have on them?

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Patman i bought mine from Dennis Kirk and it was 69.99. Not to bad.
How do they justify the claim that it is "higher" than other skid plates? The way it mounts looks like most I have seen
im not sure about this one?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pretty fair price.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yeah i think so. It looks to be a pretty solid product also.

I have never installed a skid plate before. It looks as though all you do is to hook those clamps on the frame and tighten.? Is that all?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How do they justify the claim that it is "higher" than other skid plates?
Patman, their claim is that the bend of the plate sets it higher in front. Helping to keep dirt out of the underside of the engine cradle.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I think TAG is owned by No Fear, and when they said "higher" they meant the front tab is higher so dirt won't get in through the front as easy as some other brands.

D

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
No skid plate yet..Just in case anyone wanted to know.
It should be arriving this week. I will post everything about it when i recieve it.
Marc

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Alright i got the skid plate in.
Very nice. It is pretty thick, this is my first skid plate so i dont know how to compare to others, but it looks to be pretty thick. Everything fit well, but i did strip the threads on the clamp!!!..Dah im so dumb i try to rush everything and that is what i get. Anyways it has a very nice sheen on it and it came with foam. The foam makes it pretty hard to install but i got it on. Any q's just post em.
Marc

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom