irhxcbcziuzxs

Aug 26, 2007
So I ended up with a flat on my kdx220, and ended up buying a rear michelin S12. After putting it on, I noticed that at low and high speeds the back of the bike, the tires.. seems to go side to side, not to the point where it would slide out from under me, but enough to make me extremely cautious.

Any idea what might be going on?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Put it up on something so you can spin the wheel and see if the bead is properly seated and the wheel is true. Also make sure the axle even side to side. I wouldn't think the tire design would cause this.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
It might be a good idea to double check your tire pressure, simplest things first ya know.

kaptiankent

May 8, 2008
I notice my KDX220 does this too when you get on the throttle hard. It has a stock tire, pressure was 12psi, I pumped it up to 16psi after the ride and haven't had it out since.

My rim is not bent either.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
My 200 did it, but only when the center was worn down. It would slide till it caught a lug on the side.

irhxcbcziuzxs

Aug 26, 2007
This is still happening everything seems to be in order, it spins true, bearings are fine.. etc

Its not really squirrely on any hard surface but dirt is when it gets squirrely.

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
I've recently been wondering if you get tyre construction mixed front to rear on a bike whether they lose directional stability like a car does if you put radials on one end and Xply's on the other. One way is ok and the other way causes wandering. If you've got an s12 on the front that won't be the problem.

firffighter

Jan 31, 2005
I am not a fan of the S12. They are a very specific tire that seem to be effective in very soft or muddy terrain only. My brother ran his twice on hard pack and it was destroyed.

We now both run Pirelli MT43 trials tires on our KDX220's.

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
I replaced my stocker with a 100/110, a little wider, nice and stable. I run my tire pressure a little high, at 18 psi, takes a few rides to get used to it, after that, no problem.

Top Bottom