Dede

May 23, 2004
Here comes a real silly question. How long can you call yourself a newbie to riding before you've worn it out?And then what's the next title :laugh: ? hee,hee

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dede said:
Here comes a real silly question. How long can you call yourself a newbie to riding before you've worn it out?And then what's the next title :laugh: ? hee,hee

You are no longer a newbie when you are passing everyone in sight.

Remember this ... it only takes 15 minutes and $15,000 to LOOK like a pro. It takes 15 years to be one.

This thread should get REAL interesting. Thanks Dede for putting it up!

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
1. newbie = Just dosen't know
2. Squid = Has the gear and bike, still dosen't know
2.5. Goon = Thinks he's racing, everyone else is practicing
3. Spoode = Know's but dosen't care
4. Amature = Know's, care's, and still goes slow
5. Expert = Know's, care's, goes fast, and will still talk to you
6. Pro = Goes really fast and won't talk to anyone below 6 unless provoked
7. AMA Pro = Gets paid to ride. The ultimate dream.

BTW, I'm stuck between 2.5 and 3. Can't do a wheelie to save my A$$! :laugh:

Last edited:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Most people never get past YZ165s #3. That's OK. If you're enjoying riding, you shouldn't care what anyone thinks of you.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
Somewhere between Squid and Spode is the illustrious Goon. He's the one who thinks he's racing while everyone else is practicing.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
one good wreck instantly elevates you to spode. not some fall over on turn 2 , dump the clutch in the parking lot and dump the bike wreck. Wreck at speed. That'll get you in the spode class right away. Crash = spode for life. :ride: <---- i'm in cause i could wreck on that thing

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Woo Hoo I'm #4!! Although 3# could apply too...:uh:

Dede

May 23, 2004
I love the answers you guys have come up with. I guess I'll have to go w/ GetmetoCA on this one. I'll have to come back to this thread in a few months from now to see if I can move up. (hee,hee) :) Ride on!

Top Bottom