muxus

May 7, 2024
yamaha gt80 was left alone for 23+ years. Had no spark broken magnets and ignition points, replaced them now has a pretty and strong blue spark. Had a very rough idle and even a tiny bit of throttle and would die, after cleaning the carb replacing the bowl seal, new jets (didn't replace the float valve and the float is as new) the issue continued. After reading and reading the symptoms seemed to indicate a vacum leak and i was right.
With an old spark plug made and adaptor to my compressor, used braces to cover the exhaust and the intake and the crankcase seal stator side had a massive leak(didn't check the cluch side, and in the reeds no bubbles), replaced it. Now i gained throttle, up to 50% but no idle to start it i need to give a bit of throttle. What could it be? anything obvious like air filter and the boot are fine (replaced the filter), the carb was clean(maybe the pilot got clogged again?) or maybe i need to move the carb needle up or down since for what i understand maybe it is running lean or rich ? But if it starts with a bit of throttle maybe is rich, because i'm giving it more air? or when i open the throttle i'm giving it more fuel since the main pilot starts to also "release" fuel ?? It backfired once or twice(without throttle) so to much unburned fuel? I would realy apreciate some guidance because i'm 70% sure now its all in the carb.

muxus

May 7, 2024
Update. Moved the needle to the 2nd position now it idles badly(dies after a few seconds), but as soon as i give it throttle it dies. Also noticed bubbles in the gas hose that goes from the tank tap to the carb. Is that normal?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom