Noise Problem: The AMA is a bunch of morons

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Patman said:
Yes all threads must remain on topic (whatever that is). Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. LOL!

Yup, makes it all clean and organized :nener:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
regarding the loud pipes saves lives thing, if you think about it...if everyone subscribed to this theory and had a loud pipe on their vehicle, how would they hear the other vehicles with loud pipes, to "save a life", over the noise of their own?

i'm lost... :|

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
motometal said:
regarding the loud pipes saves lives thing, if you think about it...if everyone subscribed to this theory and had a loud pipe on their vehicle, how would they hear the other vehicles with loud pipes, to "save a life", over the noise of their own?

i'm lost... :|
:cool: :cool:

skyhigh230

Mar 21, 2007
kmccune said:
Welcome to the anti-AMA fan club.

who isnt in it? :)
the reason all of our parks and places are being shut down is because nobody that shuts down the places rides...give me 2 days and a yz250 and an offical and their will be no shutting down..buiness my A$$ :nener:

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
thorman75 said:
I've said this before, my Wideglide is running 2" dragpipes and my Ultra Classic has a Python system. Loud pipes save lives. How about a bunch of crack heads in a Caddy with all the windows rolled up and a 500 watt stereo booming. Dont complain about my exhaust.
Yeah the FXWG is louder than the KX, but I can still hear the straight cut gears on the Maico whineing above both of them.LOL

You can say it all you want, it won't make it true. Harry Hurt's researched proved that loud pipes don't have any effect on accident rates.

However, they DO piss off every person in a ten mile radius.

Congratulations on doing your part to insure the survival of the sport. :bang:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Thanks, MTK, I had forgotten that Professor Hurt studied the "loud noise accident deterrent" theory & proved it to be the myth most of us suspected it was. :|

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
People today are in so much of a hurry they just don't care. I drive an 18 wheeler locally and am grossing 80+thousand, thats 40 tons that I can not stop. Every day I can count on almost killing at least one motorist because they pull out in front of me even though they know I'm coming they still do it. Most trucks are slow on take off but like most of the drivers once up to speed we do speed, why? Time is money and if your not doing at least 60mph / a mile a min you ain't getting no where but they will pull out and go 45 to 55 mph :bang: Stay the hEll outa the way :yell:

Top Bottom