a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just checking the group, who's up for an Ocotillo ride? I can set up the staging and rides mostly but I want a count of who'd like to go and a what day, usually a Saturday. We need to do this soon cause the lizards will be out soon!! Sound off please cause I need this ride!! :D

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Tell me you are talking about this weekend!! I'm in the same line of work so I have a retarded schedule and every other time I sugest a ride, it gets shot down.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
OK, got some votes, let me check the weekends and I'll try and pick one within the next two weeks. I'll work on gettin a kithcen pass for the day, might have an extra one for anyone that might need it!!:):)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The sooner the better. Once my son arrives from Atlanta(June 11) the group rides will be tough for me. We will be doing El Mirage most of the time he's here.

Last edited:

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Pick a date and I'll try to make it !

Never been to Ocotillo (what a surprise huh !) but always wanted to try it....... Guess I've seen too many videos filmed there.

Unfortunately I don't think "your" kitchen pass will work in my house, so I'll start workin' on mine right away.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
The sooner the better. Once my son arrives (June 11) the group rides will be tough for me.

So true, so true. My 'lil squirt is gonna be 1 yr next month. I can count on one hand how many Crew™ rides I've attended on one hand since she got here. But she is showing an affinity to anything that rolls fast, bounces high, etc. So I've been looking for a helmet... :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
How about Saturday the 25th, possible??

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
No Pivey, I'll explain when I see you at Ocotillo!! Let's shoot for the 25th then. I'll check tonight with Mrs. Elk and make sure our social calendar is clear!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds good so far. The area I ride is away from the main Blow Sand area because I hate the crowds. If anyone knows the area too, a little help on guiding us around would be nice. I can get us around where we ride but going to the other attractions is beyond my leadership!!;)

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Never been there; want to do it but will wait for cooler, wetter conditions, perhaps next winter.

Instead, we're going to 8k' that weekend: views & rides thru meadows, aspens & evergreens; crossing creeks, etc. :D

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sounds nice PL, but going to the desert in the morning at the crack of dawn is beautiful in its own way. It just hit me, that's Memorial day weekend. I might have to change it to the following weekend, which may be better cause of the crowds anyway. Thoughts??

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Ahhh, the beautiful outdoors, with all them nice views......

the views i remember from phelan are:

roost!

the ground!

and the sky!

might be a good idea to scrap the 25th? i am sure every crackpot and their brother will be out there, which dont make for safe, fun riding.

i should be good for the following weekend, but lets see what everyone else thinks first

later

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Im pretty sure any weekend from now through 6-9 should be ok for me.

When this does come together can we determine a meeting place somewhere off of the 15 freeway? Something like 6am at the McDonalds on the corner of the 15 and _________.

Jeff

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
oops, you're right 25th is not sounding so good now, Let's do it the following weekend, if that works for everyone

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'd like to plan it for the 1st of June then, Saturday. Now, I leave my casa at 0500 which puts me there around 0715, give or take. i can even leave at 0430 which might be better due to the heat. We can ride up till about noon and that'll do it. It's just that heat and me don't mix well!! The guys coming from up North can all meet off the 15 somewhere and the southern boys can meet where we intersect. I'll post it later for specifics! How's that so far?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You don't want to know! :p If you REALLY want to know, ask Ktmboy, he sees lizardsd AND dead people! Africa hot, melting tires, riding on the rim, sweating like 32 pigs in a hot house!:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Lizards AND snakes! They're all out right now. It's the centipedes that freak me out! June 1st is a maybe--I'll get back to you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom