Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
"Ode to a 2 stroke"

The Brraapp Brraapp, the pop pop pop.
The sounds of the 2 stroke soon will stop.

No more pre-mix to shake or smell.
Top ends that were easy, now gone oh well.

The end of an era is upon us all.
High pitched Brap, replaced by thumpers low call.

The big boys are swithcing, soon you too.
We will have valves and cams to adjust, oh boo hoo.

Air polution, Noise polution who makes the rules?
A four stroke in the garage means, we're going to have to buy more dang tools.

Yes it will have more power, more torque & guts.
As long as this top heavy pig gets me through those deep dark ruts.

Up the steep hills and over the doubles.
A triple here and there with out any troubles.

So I say, so long to my high strung little friend.
The days we spent roostin' have sadly come to an end.

No tears as we part cause deep down in my heart.
I'd rather hear Brraapp than a Jolly Green Giant fart! :aj:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
good stuff mister.

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
Nothing has been finalized on the whole 2-stroke thing yet and even if it does pass as a law it just menas that they will not sell new 2-stroke bikes. You can still keep yours and have it last a lifetime. :ride: I know I won't get rid of mine. Ya-all worry too much. Read the other threads here too. I do like your poem though!!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I can't belive its not feasable to find another way to lube a 2 stoke than putting oil in the gas. How did that ever become a "good" idea anyway? Lets see, put oil that smokes in the gas, and lube the bearings with fuel that most people use to clean and break oils down. :bang: . Tell me they cant come up with a hollow crank lube system or even oiless bearings? I just can't belive it was cheaper to R&D racing 4 strokes than to "fix" the issues with 2 strokes.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
JasonJ said:
I just can't belive it was cheaper to R&D racing 4 strokes than to "fix" the issues with 2 strokes.
Its not cheaper, but there's more money to be made by selling exotic, mysterious, 'new' technology 4strokes with high dollar repair and maintenance parts plus expensive aftermarket parts than it is to keep selling easy maintenace 2 strokes with highly competitive aftermarket parts. Its hard for them to come out with new and improved bikes every year when they've developed the 2 strokes to be as good as they are, so they've went to big bore 4-strokes that they CAN improve on every year. Its all a conspiracy I tell you and the EPA regulations have nothing to do with it!!! :bang:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
silly 2-stroke loving conspiracy theorists. Can't accept what's better. :p

2 strokes suck twice as much as 4 strokes, they're ugly, and they smell funny.

And their mothers wear combat boots.

theturbojosh

Apr 13, 2004
If I had the money to cheat against the cheater bikes I would...I think a YZ167 would be muuuuuuch more competitive in the so-called 125 class, which brings me to my next point. What exactly are two hundred fifty cc bikes doing in a one hundred twenty five cc class? if fourstrokes are so great then perhaps the should not be twice the displacement or close to twice the cc the class the are intended for

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
How bout we stick a second carb and reed valve set on a 2 stroke, put a spark plug in the bottom of the case and make it a 1 stroke ! :aj:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I don't think I'll be gettin' rid of my CR250 anytime soon.
I tried the 4-stroke thing...
Heavy son-of-a-gun. There is a gyro effect and you do feel it. All that rotating mass up high in the engine....

I like the quick power and light feel of my CR.

I love the smell of a 2-stroke in the morning....
It smells like "victory" :)

-jeffd

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
They can have my 2 strokes when they come and prey 'em out of my cold-dead hands.

Nice Ode Wraith.

Top Bottom